Adam Lambert is back on American Idol! Watch Majesty Rose, Marrialle Sellars, Emily Piriz masterclass!

by Lisa McGarry
adam lambert american idol

Adam Lambert returned to American Idol last night, to deliver the benefits of all his industry experience to this year’s hopeful singers.

Adam Lambert & Chris Daughtry returning to American Idol! Here’s why they’ll make GREAT mentors!

The star of course shot to fame on the 2009 series of the reality TV show, where
he finished as runner up behind Kris Allen and this week he joined fellow alumni Chris Daughtry as a guest mentor on the new series.

As former judge Randy Jackson hosted a bootcamp round for the singers who had made it through the initial auditions, Chris and Adam showed up to offer some extra advice and tips as they watched rehearsals take place.

Lambert had some particular words of wisdom for pretty singer Majesty Rose and after telling her ‘It just feels like you’re kind of rushing it a little bit..’, he layer added:

‘I think it’s the perfect choice for her, it fits her personality and her style and her voice sounded great.’

Marrialle Sellars chose to sing “Roar” by Katy Perry but Adam felt she needed to change the style and tempo a little, recommending:

‘Wait a minute….slow it down. Just a bit….it feels like it’s all ‘ahhhh.’ I love your energy, because that’s part of your style but I feel it’s a little rushed.’

He continued:

‘You have all the goods, it’s just about taking your time. Stick to what you know, that’s who you are as a singer.’

Emily Piriz was performing “Paris (Ooh La La)” and who better to have relier a rock masterclass than the flamboyant Adam himself?

He said:

‘I would start the song more aggressive. When she hits the chorus, that’s the punchline.”

After totally rocking it up at the mic with the stunning hopeful, Lambert added:

‘I hope that she amps it up and really digs into it and gets aggressive with it because I think this song only works if you sing it like a rock star.’

Watch Adam in action, check out why we think he makes a GREAT mentor here and leave your comments below….

Lisa McGarry

Lisa has been watching reality TV for too long now. She won't do any housework unless 'Big Brother' announces it over the tannoy and everything she does has to be put to a public vote!

7 Comments

1. sweetfourGlambert on February 19, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Adam made the show for me even if it was minimal!! Maybe we will see more of him tonight !!!

2. Yvette on February 19, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Adam Lambert Astonished the world every week with his Innovative Creative performances and incomparable Phenomenal Vocals. He brought artistry to the stage with his element of surprise. There really is no better judge for Idol the Adam. He will encourage contestants to bring Every creative part of themselves to surface so they will never feel boxed in to one genre. Keeping the Master of Creativity on Idol to mentor is a BRILLIANT move for Idol.

3. Trudy on February 19, 2014 at 6:43 pm

I stopped watching Idol after Adam’s season. Seems like just karaoke to me now.
    Daughtry and Lambert are my favourite Idols. Both have devoted fans and have managed to maintain solid careers.
    When Adam sang Ring of Fire on Idol I was “hooked”. Have followed his career since then. I hope he gives us a new cd this year and cannot wait for that Queen tour. It’s going to be a great year!

4. Love Adam on February 19, 2014 at 8:16 pm

The yesterday, I watched Adam on America idol, I’m really loving him very much, he is very handsome , I want to American idol season 13, because it has Adam lambert performed;)

5. Vicky aka VickStiX on February 19, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Adam should be a judge on this failing show. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the new judges, but I LOVE Adam. His advice and tips are so full of useful information, and he’s so honest and down to earth. Filled with charisma, I would watch the show every week, if he was up there on the judging panel.

6. Sherry on February 20, 2014 at 12:43 am

Yes Michael Orland tweeted me that we will see a lot more of Adam & him tonight.

7. Sherry on February 20, 2014 at 12:47 am

Can’t say I love the judges this season but at least they don’t act like street thugs like last season. Harry just makes his comments too personal sometimes and there is no justification for it. He single handdly got rid of two very talented males before the Top 30 many were upset w him for that. Sometimes he’s correct in his comments tho.

Comments are closed.