Adam Lambert & Chris Daughtry returning to American Idol! Here’s why they’ll make GREAT mentors!
It’s been confirmed that former American Idol contestants Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry will be returning to the shows that started their careers this week.
Lambert was runner up in season eight of the reality TV show, while Chris finished in fourth place back in season five.
While former wannabes often turn up to perform on the hit Fox programme, it’s been revealed that Adam and Daughtry will be back to pass on the benefit of their experience to new contestants and will be mentoring the hopefuls as they near the live shows.
Both men have signed up to assist Randy Jackson in his bootcamp round, where the group of singers will be whittled down and Chris sounds pretty excited about it all.
He shared a picture of himself and Adam on Instagram and captioned it:
“Hanging with @Adamlambert at the #idol workshop. Glad to be back! Stay tuned…”
The men will be on hand for the whole of the two day workshop, hosted by the show’s former judge and their appearances will air later this week, February 18 and 19.
So exactly what experience will Adam and Chris be passing on and what makes them good mentors? Well we’ve put together a short list of their career highlights so far. We think you’ll see that they’ve been very busy indeed since their reality TV beginnings.
– Adam released his debut album ‘For Your Entertainment’ to great fanfare in 2009 and it proved to be quite the hit, debuting at number three on the US Billboard 200 with 198,000 copies in first-week sales. He also enjoyed global recognition for the record and its singles “For Your Entertainment”, “Whataya Want from Me” and “If I Had You” charted around the world.
– Soon after the album release, Adam headlined a worldwide concert tour, Glam Nation and as such became the first American Idol contestant to front so many shows, the year following his Idol appearance.
– In 2012 Lambert followed up with his second album Trespassing, which went straight into the number one spot on the Billboard 200 album chart. The achievement was made even more impressive as it was confirmed that the stars was the first openly gay artist to top the US charts.
– As well as headlining his own tours, shows and festival concerts, Adam has made his mark globally in a series of gigs performing with British rock legends Queen. The star has appeared as frontman for the band and won critical acclaim for his performances on a number of occasions and just last week Brian May revealed that they’re set for another series of concerts this summer. The influential songwriter and guitarist previously insisted that the late Freddie Mercury would be a massive Glambert too if he had lived to see Adam perform.
– After he finished on Idol Chris landed himself a lucrative record deal with RCA Records but instead of going solo he formed a band called Daughtry and their debut album went on to become the fastest selling debut rock album in Nielsen Soundscan history.
– Chris has become third most successful American Idol contestant in terms of record sales, topped only by season one winner Kelly Clarkson and country star Carrie Underwood.
– Daughtry has received plenty of backing from his music peers and has collaborated with stars such as Slash, Chad Kroeger, Brad Arnold and Carlos Santana over the course of his post Idol career.
– Chris is not only a fantastic performer, but he’s a prolific songwriter too. The star co-wrote the song “Send Me All Your Angels” for American Idol season 8 winner Kris Allen’s debut album and also wrote on Colton Dixon’s album ‘A Messenger.’ He co-wrote three songs on Day of Fire’s album Losing All and contributed a track to Allison Iraheta’s Just Like You record.
What do you think of Chris & Adam as mentors? Are you looking forward to their episodes? Leave your comments below….
|Miranda Kerr, Lily Allen & Kendall Jenner help Miley Cyrus with that whole unloved thing!||Home||Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood says of BGT star boyfriend Damon Scott, “We’re in love!”|