adam_lambert_idol

Much has been made of rumours surrounding the next season of American Idol and it seems that a large proportion of viewers are backing Adam Lambert for the brand new panel.

Both Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey confirmed last week that they would not be back for the 2014 run, though it’s not really known if they jumped or were pushed and Randy Jackson already handed in his resignation before the last season even ended.

Keith Urban’s fate has not yet been decided but insiders have claimed that next year bosses are hoping to have a panel made up of former show contestants, who have went on to hit the big time.

It’s been reported that both Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson will be on the show with either Adam Lambert or Clay Aiken.

Yesterday on The Wendy Williams show, the host took a poll asking her viewers which of the stars they’d like to see on the Fox show. She offered her own opinion first saying:

jennifer-hudson-whitney-houston-grammys

I don’t even know why American Idol are trying to choose between Clay and Adam. Both of them would be fabulous and they’d go back and forth with one another and Kelly would be in the middle and it would be on!

Though Wendy later added:

Personally speaking I think it’s time for American Idol to go away.

adam lambert

At the end of her chat show, Williams revealed that 70% of people who had participated on her poll, voted for Adam to join the panel. Making him the clear fan favourite. More than 62,000 votes were cast, so that’s not a bad showing.

Do you think Adam would make a good judge? Watch the video and leave your comments below….

53 Responses to “Adam Lambert wins American Idol 2014 poll over Clay Aiken, Jennifer Hudson & Kelly Clarkson!”

1. Sam says:

I think Adam Lambert will make a brilliant judge!

• Emily says:

I agree!! :)

• Deb says:

Agree whole heartedly, love Adam Lambert, think he would be a wonderful judge, and would be there for the contestants rather than garnering attention (who did that???). I agree also with the next comment, think Wendy Williams should go away with the AI judges, although I kind of liked Keith Urban, don’t really like Clay Aiken.

• Terrence says:

Even Adam’s most rabid fans know he has zero chance of getting the job.

• musicinmyheartisclay says:

You aren’t ignorant “Internetos”, I never heard of Wendy before this Poll on her web site was posted. This is not the Original Poll Web Site, so it does no matter what the outcome is on Wendy’s web site.

This Is only 1 of many Poll’s listed on web sites, so the Poll on Wendy’s web site,I see is for Adam. You all have to understand that this is only 1 Poll, and because Wendy’s web site is hard to cast votes on I chose not to vote on her web site. :)
      As far as Adam being Brilliant, well, I did watch Adam and do like Adam but he does, has not, and never will be the Man with the Golden Voice, That CLAY AIKEN IS And HAS!!! :)
      You know I hear a lot of people say they don’t like Clay, even people that I work with. They complain about the stupidest things, his ears, his hair and so on. Kind of picking at things that mean nothing, so is this World saying that every person living is perfect, has no flaws whatsoever??? Oh please!!!!
      How Religious are you?? Jesus said those of you without sin cast the first stone, anyone??? If you say you have no sin, then You are Lying!!! :)
      Are you fat, ugly, toothless, homeless??? Do you want to be picked on????
      LOVE YOU CLAY,:)
      ALWAYS AND FOREVER,:)
      LOVE,:)
      Gwen

2. Jason says:

Personally speaking I think it’s time for Wendy Williams to go away.

3. Are we there yet? says:

What Adam Lambert brings to the table is credibility and a certain level of “cool.” Clay Aiken is the antithesis of cool and his career is not what most aspire to when trying out for the show. Clay will make the show seem dated and hokey, Adam will make it seem fresh and invigorated. Adam is also more savvy about current music – and works with current artists whereas Clay sings Christmas songs and standards. If Idol wants to be on par with America’s Got Talent then Clay would be fine, but if they’re looking to compete against The Voice then Adam Lambert is the clear choice.

• Shane says:

Nobody knows who Adam Lambert is in America and it is American Idol the TV Show. Adam flopped in America. He is not even a platinum seller if you combine both of his albums. Clay is a household name and America’s sweetheart. He’s sold 7 million albums and had several TV Specials of his own, not to mention coming in second on Celebrity Apprentice which was aired world wide. Adam who?

• Amber says:

Classic songs and standards is exactly what you are judging on Idol. Clay is the perfect judge. Nobody wants that crap Adam sings.

4. Allysa mentor says:

I love Adam lambert and think he would be fantastic. He should have been a judge last year. But, honestly these polls are just bullsh&t , and American idol doesn’t care what it’s fans think. That’s why their ratings are going down. I’m pretty much finished with AI. It hasn’t been good since Adam was on.

• Robert Kennedy says:

1.American Idol started doing poor in ratings after Paula Abdul left and then when Simon Cowell left it started doing even worse. 2. Simon every now and then cussed on the show, so to say that it’s doing poor in ratings because Steven Tyler and Nicki Minaj cussed here and there is ridiculous. The show actually did better when Steven and Jennifer were on the show. And 3. If all you know about Adam is the negative bullshit and rumors you here about him then you’re an idiot, as he very well known for his generosity and charity work and while he does cuss, so does Kelly Clarkson, so I guess that makes her inappropriate too. So before you start make assumptions about this and that how about getting your facts straight.

5. Mini says:

Idol succeeded only when it was a family show. Steven Tyler and Nicki Minaj made the show not appropriate for kids. Adam has a great voice, but he too would not be appropriate for kids. He is a drunk who has been kicked out of parties and bars and was even arrested after a drunken fight with his boyfriend. He has a penchant for cussing too. Bring back the family version of Idol!

• tk says:

RE: Adam being a drunk….HILARIOUS! If you weren’t so mentally challenged and grossly informed I would laugh at your statement. And for others claiming the poll was “rigged”…Adam doesn’t need to rig anything….talk to Clay Aiken about that.

• Mini says:

Real mature there calling me mentally challenged because I pointed out that Lambert is a drunk. It pains me that your desire to make Adam be some kind of Saint prevents you from acknowledging what Adam himself has said about drinking: he has admitted to drinking to the point of being blacked out, has admitted to being drunk while using social media, and has admitted to abusing alcohol and drugs. So, yeah, that makes him a drunk. But keep those blinders on if you want.

• Nan says:

Seriously, are you kidding? This is the most ignorant response I have read. Adam Lambert is a wonderful role model. I’d prefer my children listen to him perform than watch the violence that exists on mainstream TV and on the internet. He is involved with helping many charities, promotes self esteem, supports family and friends and is one of the most charismatic, kind and entertaining musicians I’ve ever seen.Educate yourself. He doesn’t ‘cuss’ and more than most musicians. Personally, myself and thousands of others would be very disappointed if Adam Lambert just stood up on stage and sang without interpreting the lyrics. Adam would make a great judge. I wouldn’t miss an episode.

• Mini says:

SOME parents can actually find role models who don’t cuss and drink to excess without having to resort to violent video games. There are decent people out there if you look, but I guess you are fine taking the position that “others do it.” Sorry, but parents need to look past their own desires and put their kids first. I like Adam’s voice, I have been to a concert, but I would never hold him up as a role model. Perhaps you should look up what Adam himself has said about this: he does not want to be a babysitter, he does not want to be a role model. He knows he is not acceptable in that regards. He is for adults only.

• Cipi1960 says:

I thought the Italians had so narrow-minded and bigoted, but I was wrong … I’d be curious to see what your teens watch television and listen to music! do not even know what you’re talking …

6. barb says:

Because of spamming, these polls mean nothing.62,000 votes cast on a daytime talk show…really ! Anyone who has a brain can see that’s a fix. Personally, I don’t know if there is a solution for AI’s problems. They have made a real mess of it at the contestants expense.

7. Jeremy says:

If you look at the numbers of the votes, it is obvious that a bot was used to vote for Adam. It certainly takes the fun out of a poll that is put up for amusement. Yeah…the Adam fans will say that he has soooo many fans that vote “All over the world” Well, no doubt he has fans….but nobody would get that many votes…I hope they had fun. Whoever AI picks, I am sure they will pick whoever they think will help the show….Adam, Clay…both talented and both could do the job.

8. Shane says:

So Clay won the People Magazine Poll and the Guardian UK Polls.

9. RC says:

How is Kelly a shoe in? I heard its been reported that she turned down the offer and didn’t want to be a judge on the show. I personally wouldn’t choose Adam to be a judge but at least he might keep things slightly amusing for a bit. But none the former contestants can save the show. This show should of went off the air a long time ago. And not because of Nicki or Steven. This show did not listen to the viewers and thats one the reasons things started sliding and going downhill. Just saying.

10. Terrence says:

“Adam Lambert is a drunk who has been kicked out of parties and bars and was even arrested after a drunken fight with his boyfriend. He has a penchant for cussing too. Bring back the family version of Idol!”

He also jerks off the microphone stand, shoves his hands down his pants to play with his junk and smokes pot on stage. He is NOT a good role model for anyone.

• Cipi1960 says:

I think you’d better stop spreading poison, you do not know what you say, you make up nonsense just to envy? for if you refused? this alone can explain all this wickedness and stupidity … shame
      Anyway, we are talking about the talent of Adam and nothing else, and his talent is definitely not to call into question

• Mar says:

Terrence,

You’ve posted this comment at least 3 times under this article. IT IS USELESS! You have no credibility, regardless how many times you are going to post.

11. Lilly says:

Lol Terrence, you have been paying close attention..huh? ;) And apparently believing Perez Hilton’s jealous remarks. Adam was never arrested, never kicked out of any parties, and to say he is a drunk is ludicrous.

Adam would make a great judge. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of music, he is witty, and would give some real critiques without being unkind.

12. tess says:

Is that why ADAM just received the Hope of LA from the mayor of LA last week? Also ADAM was the recipient of TWO GLAAD Awards .. and is now involved in the LIVE PROUD Campaign with AT&T. You .. @Terrence … are an IDIOT!!

13. Lily says:

With talent like his, Adam Lambert would make an amazing Idol judge.

• Mar says:

@Terrence,
      You have no credibility what’s so ever.
      It’s HARD to find another musician or celebrity more sane and devoted to his/her work and charity as Mr. Adam Lambert.
      This is an overall (media/music/social) opinion embraced by million of followers and ADVISED/ KNOWLEDGEABLE CRITICS.

@barb
      The poll was not rigged. Mr. Adam Lambert is THAT MUCH LOVED and RESPECTED!

14. Terrence says:

So he gets awards for being gay. He’s still a drunken pig. he crashes party’s he isn’t invited to. He jumps in front of every camera and will do anything to desperately claw at staying famous. He’s a pig and a z-lister.

• Mar says:

@Terrence,
      You have no credibility what’s so ever.

@barb
      The poll was not rigged. Mr. Adam Lambert is THAT MUCH LOVED and RESPECTED!

• justme says:

You’re obviously just trolling the site to spew untruths about Adam. GTFO & STFU

That’s all I have to say to you & your nastiness.

15. Mini says:

Some of you have blinders on. Yes, Adam has a nice voice (although his taste in music is not to most people’s liking since his music does not sell well.) But the bigger issue here is that he is a vulgar young man. I attended a concert and thankfully my teen children were not with me. What he did with a dildo that was tossed up to him was NOT appropriate. And it is well documented that he was arrested for a drunken bar fight. It is well documented that he said he drinks and does drugs. These are facts that cannot be disputed. IF you think that makes him a great role model for your kids, well then I feel sorry for your kids.

• Kay Lai says:

If you are not an Adam fan, that is fine but to distort and twist things is wrong. Adam may be many things but he is not vulgar.

What concert were you at where Adam did something with a dildo? I seriously doubt that you have ever been to an Adam Lambert concert and don’t bother looking for video of it online because you will not find it. The dildo throwing happened during the Idols Live tour in 2909 and all that happened was a fan threw an adult toy on stage. Adam is not responsible for what an over-enthusiastic fan did.

But he did dance with a feather boa that a fan threw on stage. Perhaps you were just confused.

Regarding drinking and drugs — are you actually suggesting that Idol judges need to abstain from alcohol and have never done drugs? That leaves very few qualified people in the US.

• justme says:

Adam’s album Trespassing had rave reviews from all over the world – it’s only because it was improperly (barely) publicized & promoted in the US that it didn’t sell more – the label only released the weakest songs as singles. If they’d given the album a chance, released the great songs “Shady,” “Trespassing,” “Cuckoo,” “Pop That Lock,” “Chokehold,” “Broken English” or even the bonus songs “Runnin” and “Take Back” – ALL amaaazzzzinng songs, if they’d played them on the radio, made them singles – people would know about the album and bought it. When Adam appeared on Pretty Little Liars for Halloween & performed “Cuckoo” and “Trespassing,” his sales increased and people watching were tweeting how much they loved Adam & his songs!

Adam never did anything with a dildo on stage, except to angrily kick it away when one was thrown on stage at him while on the Idol tour, while he was singing. Some fans created “Trespassing bananas” while on the international tour, which he played with – honestly, Adam doesn’t take things so seriously, he just plays around and has a good time. Maybe you should try that, too. Lighten up a bit, it ain’t that deep. He’s only entertaining his fans when he’s on the stage.

Your story is all wrong about the barfight with his bf – because what happened is that he’d just flown in from a show he did in China, flew in to Helsinki to visit w/his bf & family, had too much to drink, yes but was also suffering from jetlag & no sleep – AND in Finland, they lock you up in the drunk tank overnight to sleep it off – no harm, no foul. It happens to a gazillion others all the time in this world. However, after that, he started making healthier and smarter choices, stopped drinking so much and started juicing & eating healthier.

He USED to do drugs, but no longer. Except probably some pot on occasion (but who doesn’t do that?) – and the one time he did that on stage was in AMSTERDAM, where it is legal – and even America’s sweetheart Kelly Clarkson was hassled for trying pot there, as well.

Adam has received many awards for being a great role model and advocate, and helping others. Recently receiving the Hope award in LA, a huge honor for him.

I will never ever understand the about of hatred for Adam – he really is the kindest, sweetest, most decent man … he is always saying and doing kind things for others, regardless of the mean, hateful things thrown at him. Every time someone works with him, meets him, talks to him, hangs out with him – they ALWAYS make a point to say how sweet he is. ALWAYS.

I definitely know that Adam is a great role model. But honestly, judging American Idol isn’t being a role model – it’s finding & selecting talent and helping the new contestants to be the best that they can be, preparing them for a music career ahead of them, if they succeed, and helping them to deal with that success, as well. I’m certain Adam knows how to recognize great and unusual talent, I know he is great at critiquing, and I know that he will be honest and fair and not cruel or harsh. Therefore, the best judge for the show, and great addition to the panel.

• Barbara Ruiz says:

I remember what Adam did to the dildo, he thought it was inappropriate and kicked it of the stage. It is a shame that the nasty fans of other Idols do not have something positive to do with their miserable lives. Trying to spread hate about Adam is a waste of time. By the way on the Idol tour the audience was filled with mothers and daughters proudly dressed as Glamberts. Everyone who meets Adam always comments that he is a great guy.

• Gwen Schultz says:

I saw the American Idol Tour the year that Adam was runner up, and I also sat on the front row and enjoyed the show. I did not like the fact that Adam did not walk the ropes and talk to his fans and sign autographs. I could understand if Adam had been a star for many years but not just starting out after American Idol.
        I do not have the desire to see Adam in concert because of his actions that were on television dancing with a leach on another male, not for prime time Adam.
        TRYING TO SPREAD HATE ABOUT CLAY AIKEN IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME!!!! SO STOP SPREADING HATE!!!!

LOVE YOU CLAY,
        ALWAYS AND FOREVER,
        musicinmyheartisclay

16. Limsovita says:

I want to Adam lambert make judge on American idol, I love him so much;)

17. Lilianne says:

Adam would be a great mentor..not a judge… If he was a judge, he would become the spokesperson of the producers. Oh then again, the producers of American Idol have just been fired… Oh well…

18. I. Jewel says:

Adam Lambert… will make the perfect judge.Why because he’s perfect he’s a complete package.. honest.. sincere..beautiful inside and out. I truly believe they need him on board for A.I. ratings to go up once again. he’s got a huge fan base who will be all watching just to see him.So what’s the hesitation?!?!

• justme says:

For someone so adamantly against Adam, you sure SEEM to know a lot of things (though only partially true – afraid to admit you really like him?

not even gonna correct your half-truths, because you’re only posting to try to throw shade on Adam and you know what the truth really is: Adam is a sweet, down-to-earth, likeable, talented, articulate, knowledgeable, witty guy who knows how to sing & put on a show and he’d be an excellent judge.

• justme says:

sorry, my response was to “Terrance” … my computer seems to have some issues with this site.

19. Terrence says:

• justme says:

20. Carole H says:

Polls and more polls. One ran for several days and Clay won by a large margin. I don’t think many fans were around in the afternoon for Wendy’s poll.

I’d love to see them both as judges. Clay is our golden boy and Adam can be our bad boy. It would not be boring.

21. Internetos says:

Please excuse my ignorance. I don’t want to be mean or disrespectful, but I have this question: Who’s Wendy?

• Terrence says:

Typical ignorant Adam Lambert fan didn’t even read the article. Shame shame.

• Intenetos says:

Obviously, she has a talk show……… Who’s she anyways ? Based on what did she get to have a talk show that I’ve never herd about ?

22. Barb says:

These polls are so inaccurate due to spamming, that no matter who came out as the winner, the result would be useless, and I would think, very unfulfilling to those spamming the site. What is the point? Adam and Clay are both very talented in their own right and this battling is so childish. I have my doubts that any alumni( other than maybe Jennifer, because she was confirmed ) will end up on the panel. This is probably all hype to keep interest in the show from waning….and obviously it’s working.Hollow victory for the spammers.