adam lambert joan rivers

US comedienne Joan Rivers has bagged herself a date with hot US singer Adam Lambert. The lucky duck!

The ‘For Your Entertainment’ singer showed up as a special guest on Rivers’ TV show ‘Fashion Police’ last night to help her celebrate a very important occasion, her 80th birthday.

The American Idol star took part in a challenge against basketball star Darius Morris and comedian Gilbert Gottfried as the three men did their best to impress Joan and win a date with her on her special night.

Adam detailed what he saw as their perfect first date and caught her attention with the mention of caviar and shopping. He said:

adam_lambert_idol

“We would be sipping champagne, caviar; we would shop the day away. I would take you to get a facial, dermabrasion, a peel, makeup done, hair set – buy you anything you want.”

He added that they would then “fall asleep watching Fashion Police”.

Joan would have been crazy not to choose him!

Meanwhile, it might all seem like ancient history now, but it’s been claimed that the reason Lambert lost Idol way back in 2009 was because he’s gay.

The glamorous singer finished in second place behind Kris Allen on the eighth season of the TV talent show and Los Angeles City Council President Herb Wesson is sure he can explain Adam’s loss.

adam-lambert-bird-650-430

Wesson made the claims when Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa presented Lambert with the City of Hope Award at City Hall a few weeks ago and he told the handsome singer:

“I am a tremendous American Idol fan. And that day that you, I guess, slicked your hair back, greased your hair back, put on a white tuxedo and sung Smokey Robinson … that was a phenomenal night.” Still, Wesson admitted that Allen was good, but “Adam came in second. And the only reason why you didn’t come in first, in my opinion, is because you were gay. And that ain’t right. You should have won. It was a runaway.”

We don’t think Adam’s done badly despite losing out though. His second album, Trespassing, made its debut in the number one spot on the Billboard 200 album chart last year and Lambert made music history as the first openly gay artist to achieve this top charting position.

Watch both videos and leave your comments below…..

14 Responses to “Adam Lamberts dates Joan Rivers & it’s claimed he lost American Idol because he’s gay”

1. Barbara says:

The Fashion Police was hilarious! Gottfried stole the spotlight.

I can’t disagree wrong with Herb Wesson’s conclusion.

2. Barbara says:

oops, I forgot to delete the word ‘wrong’. Should read
    I can’t disagree with Herb Wesson’s conclusion.

3. Delia says:

Adam has gone onto great international success. Meanwhile Kris Allen has been playing hole in the wall dive bars to audiences of 50 people or less. I kid you not. Even one of the guys from NPR commented on it.

4. Kerry Kolsch says:

I ended this debate with my book, American Idol Vote Scam. Adam did not lose because he is gay, but because of 38 million Arkansas votes, many of which were assisted by rogue AT&T executive Matt Jordan.

5. Jill says:

Kerry Kolsch is absolutely right. The years have gone by and Adam is, indeed, an international success, but the truth is the truth, and things would be fat easier in the US had he won.

6. Jill says:

Sorry, that should read “far easier”.

7. RC says:

Oh come on REALLLY!?!?! After what 3 yrs some are still pulling the gay card as to why Adam didn’t win? The reason he did not win was not because he is gay. As well it’s not the whole AT&T thing either. To be honest I think the Idol powers that be made the results the way they were. I dont think if Adam had won that would of gotten him any further than the results we know of did. Adam has had the amount of success he was meant to have… its shown in album sales, ticket sales and more. Why cant ppl just let be what has been, accept that he came in 2nd place and focus on his success and promoting him to the world. Sorry all just how I feel. This whole gay card n at&t card pulling is so lame n old. Let us move on and think about the positives k!?!

• Kerry Kolsch says:

Gee RC, you say it was not the AT&T thing that caused Adam’s loss? What research do you have to back it up? I have a book that proves otherwise. It even has pictures of AT&T Texting Zones and a 20 foot AT&T balloon at Allen’s Watch Parties at the Peabody Hotel and a table full of AT&T employees at the stadium at UCA. The local media filmed the power texters claiming 6,000 votes each in the first hour. There were about 3,000 people voting thousand of times each. They stole the win from Adam and he does have it tougher in the US because of the misconception about why he lost. Jill is correct.

• Kay says:

I am a massive Adam fan but it actually might have been harder for Adam if he had won Idol.

And it was 4 years ago and it really is time to move on.

8. Limsovita says:

Adam lambert I want to say I love you everytimes that see you baby boy<3

• RC says:

I agree with Kay. We can’t change the past. What happened happened for whatever reason rather we know the real 1 or not. MOVE ON ppl it was 4 yrs ago. Adam has gone on to do what he does and had the success he was meant to.

• RC says:

Opps Idk why it says in reply. I didnt click it to any msg.

9. Tarey says:

He won my hear because of his extraordinary talent. Who even cares if he came in second on American idol!

10. Tarey says: