adam-lambert-bird-650-430

Adam Lambert has refused to give much away when it comes to his brand new album.

The former American Idol contestant is currently working on the follow up to his chart topping record Trespassing, which was released in 2012 and became a hit around the world but he doesn’t want to give too much away about what he’s planning just yet.

The handsome star is playing his cards very close to his chest on this one and told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that while he has ideas on what sound he’s going to pursue and what direction he will take with his new songs, he doesn’t want to vocalise them just yet. He said:

“I do have an idea [of the next album's sound], but I’m not gonna tell ya.”

adam_lambert_idol

Lambert was speaking to the newspaper in advance of a planned concert during Pittsburgh Pridefest on Saturday (June 15). Lambert has long been an advocate of LGBT rights and issues and has thrown his weight behind many charitable campaigns and organisations that work with the community. The ‘For Your Entertainment’ hitmaker revealed that it’s important for him to use his fame and celebrity status to do something positive in the world and explained:

“I feel like with celebrity and visibility and fame, there’s a responsibility to try to give back and try to use the visibility for the greater good. It’s not all about me. It’s about trying to raise awareness and getting people to take action. I’m fortunate to have a really cool fan base and they want to be involved.”

© Miguel Starcevich/Fault magaine

© Miguel Starcevich/Fault magaine

In another interview with KDKA Radio’s Joe DeStio Lambert was asked what he thinks of the frequent protests that take place outside his concerts and appearances. He is often targeted by people who disagree with his views on and advocacy for the LGBT community, but Adam doesn’t mind.

When DeStio asked him how that affected him, Lambert laughed:

“Just between me and you, I think it’s a little bit fun.”

Are you proud of Adam? Leave your comments below….

14 Responses to “American Idol: Adam Lambert teases new album & admits he doesn’t mind protests over his LGBT views”

1. Lysonyta says:

I like you Adam,you are so cute and lol . I’ll continue support you forever.

2. random thinker says:

He doesn’t mind and it is admirable. But he didn’t win Idol because he’s gay, and there are few successful openly gay pop stars in the biz, so there might be something there to think about. Good luck, Adam, I hope you get the backing you need.

3. Neda says:

I’m Proud and always WILL be <3

4. Sharon says:

Great article and very positive. But what I like about this site is Adam is always portrayed in a positive light. Many of the blogs are full of hateful comments so I rarely even open a link to those sites. Adam is all about acceptance and love so I hope to be a better person because of him.

5. barbls says:

Adam is making a real difference in the world. I am so proud to be his fan! I admire him as a person and am in awe of his talent!

6. Judy Szabo says:

Funny, Adam tours Europe and is never called the “openly gay” singer. He travels to South Africa, around Asia, eastern Europe with Queen, London with Queen and he is accepted.
    What is wrong with the USA and the radio stations ignoring his music. I’m Canadian and we support our Canadian artists but our top 40 Billboard tunes are very close to the US Billboard charts, however, never play Adam’s music…not since If I Had You have I heard Adam on Canadian pop stations. Does he have he move to Europe to become a STAR?

7. Donna says:

Am I proud of Adam? Hell yes! And I’m gonna be seeing him in Pittsburgh in two days at Pride In The Streets!

8. Debra S Lance says:

I am proud of Adam! I have been a fan since AI. Such talent and what a voice. He uses his voice not only in song but to bring about change which is so needed in world. He is comfortable in who he is and is helping others to be as well. He is for love not hate.

9. maryann says:

I was and always will be proud of ADAM LAMBERT!

10. susan says:

THANK YOU for calling Adam “the handsome star” in you initial paragraphs. Waaaay better than openly gay popstar. Everyone knows that by now. Refreshing

11. terry alexander says:

Thank you for the positive article about Adam. Yes, we fans are very supportive and proud of him and his accomplishments. I particularly admire his integrity, something which is lacking in many entertainers. He stands for his truth, is a positive role model for LGBTQ and all of us, and has a mega talent. The sad aspect is the lack of promo in his own country.

12. CNB says:

Adam should be getting as much or more attention, promotion and airplay as the other Adam L. gets in the U.S. and Canada, because his talent and range is huge by comparison. I like his tattoos better, too! LOL

13. Hep. says:

Adam Lambert is a talented young man living a open and honest life and that speaks volumes about him as a person,the U.S. sees him as a gay artist but the rest of the world sees Adam Lambert as a artist who happens to be gay,big difference!…grow up America!

14. Marion says:

Adam Lambert is so many wonderful things to his fans, talented, handsome, articulate, funny, kind, generous…….but above all else he is one of the bravest individuals in the entertainment industry.