Big Brother 2013 Finale: Sam Evans announced as the winner of Big Brother 2013

by Nick Barnes

sam evans

It has tonight been revealed that Sam Evans has won this year’s summer series of Big Brother, and what a feat it has been.

Sam has managed to fend off competition from this likes of Dexter Koh, Gina Rio, Jack & Joe Glenny and Charlie Travers this evening and has emerged victorious and will also take home the cash prize  of £100,000.

Sam has most definitely been on a journey in the house. He entered 10 weeks ago and stayed in the shadows like a quiet, shy little lamb, but over the last few weeks he’s come out of his shell – so much so that he’s won over the public vote and will take home the £100,000 jackpot.

He left the house with roaring cheers from the waiting crowds – it looks like the right housemate has been picked as the winner of this year’s summer series.

In his winners’ interview with host, Emma Willis, Sam said that he is emotional and it feels “amazing” to be sat there as the winner of Big Brother 2013.

sam evans

“I think maybe because I’m willing to stick up for myself, even though sometimes I’m in the wrong” he said when asked what it is he thinks the public like about him.

When asked what he is going to do with the prize fund, he said he is going to give 25% to charity, 25% to his family and friends and with the rest, he’s going to make sure he has a stable financial future.

Speaking about Dexter he said: “From the first night, he ignored me. I tried my best to get to know him… he let me down and he told me a few things and at the end he didn’t make any sense to me”.

Regarding his little crush on Gina, he said that he was “steaming” at the time and he meant that he wants to have a connection with a future girlfriend like he has with Gina!

Nick Barnes

Nick is the Assistant Editor at Unreality TV, along with being a full-time Beyoncé obsessor! Email him at nick@unrealitytv.co.uk or catch him on Twitter @ImNickBarnes

9 Comments

1. granny di on August 19, 2013 at 11:37 pm

In 6 months he will be forgotten but Dexter and Gina, the real winners, will remain BB ledgends.

2. chris Sill on August 20, 2013 at 6:22 am

Sam was a worthy Winner and good luck Sam on a modelling Career cause thats what I think you should be, an inspiration to many people xx

3. chris Sill on August 20, 2013 at 6:23 am

Well done Sam x

4. Evan on August 20, 2013 at 9:39 am

Sam is THE winner gran! Dex & Gina should have been out ages ago and it’s only for BBs warped rules they were allowed back in again etc etc. Your getting too old and deluded woman _____ next year you’ll be saying Dan won ICK.

1. granny di on August 20, 2013 at 7:00 pm

I may be old but I’m certainly not deluded. If someone who sleeps for 7 weeks and then only comes to life to be obnoxious and carry on from where his puppet master has left off is someone you think deserves to win then you are the deluded one my friend. As for Dexter & Gina don’t you remember they were voted into the safe house by the same public that voted your darling Sam to win. Or do you think that was also BB’s warped rules. I still say that Dexter and Gina will be remembered well after Sam is forgotten. That is my opinion and I’m entitled to it. Time will tell.

5. Evan on August 20, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Oo Er so you’re an idiot as well as deluded. Pay Attention – Where in the World did guy get the idea I wanted Sam to win?!?!? Huh?? Are you on drugs cos you’re certainly hallucinating as I said nothing of the sort and furthermore your memory has failed you as Dex and Gina were the pair voted to go into the safe house as it was a vote of either on couple or the other FROM those who were up for EVICTION. Suggest to read thoroughly & get your facts right before you post. Sorted.

1. granny di on August 21, 2013 at 11:12 am

You are one of those people who have to resort to insults when you don’t agree with another persons opinion. You need to check back. Yes it may have been between people who had been nominated to be up for eviction by the other housemates BUT all week the public were voting who they wanted SAVED and to go into the safe house. They were SAVED. Get a grip young man and take a tip from me. If you can’t make a point in a polite manner it makes you look like an idiot. I’ll let you have the last word so you can reply with as many insulting remarks as you like, you are not worth wasting my time with. thank you and goodbye.

6. Karen on August 21, 2013 at 12:15 pm

No YOU need to check back, check what you have written in your message – I will give you 2 starters for 10 QUOTE YOU “you are the deluded one my friend” = insulting. QUOTE YOU “public that voted your darling Sam to win.” = lowest form sarcasm. Who the heck do you think you are, also putting words in peoples mouths is dangerous and derogatory (and not allowed if you had good manners). People who read all this will see that I have told the truth and you are a liar. You are the only idiot and I cant stand idiots but people in denial (also you) is the ugliest. I dont have time for you on here nor in life. Subject over is fine with me too.

7. Evan on August 21, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Karen I couldn’t have put it better myself & I didn’t realise ol’ gran was in denial but get it now. I don’t mind adding more but see it as a pointless part of life LOL as she’ll never learn by now.

Comments are closed.