Only Boys Aloud are quite the TV veterans and tonight they added another feather to their cap, with a successful audition for ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent.

The Welsh boys choir have been the subject of two BBC documentaries to date and tonight, moved over to ITV and explaining why he brought them alone, their choir master Tim told Ant and Dec:

“Only Boys Aloud is a choir for 14-19 year old lads from the South Wales Valley’s. The Valleys are suffering from un-employment and lots of social problems that come out of that un-employment.”

We set up Only Boys Aloud to inspire the boys not only to sing but to do something positive with their lives.

One of the singers added:

“As a teenage boy in the Valley’s there are not many opportunities.”

“We basically hang around on street corners get into trouble, people start taking drugs and getting drunk and people die at a young age.”

“I think this choir has given us a chance to get off the street corners and enjoy something that we like.”

“I really look up to Tim and he’s taught us that being in a choir is cool and if you put your mind to it you can achieve anything.”

The performance started with just two young boys singing in Welsh, but the whole thing rose to a great crescendo when 130 other singers joined them on stage and the song just built and built and built.

It was very impressive!

JUDGES COMMENTS

Amanda: Oh my goodness, you brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye. I just… I found that really moving. I loved the song choice, well done. David?

David: We really were looking in this show for a really great choir and you are that really great choir, it was fantastic.

Simon: I have got a very, very good feeling about you lot. I really, really loved what you did. I’ve never heard that song before but I absolutely love it and I think you guys are amazing.

The judges voted and unsurprisingly, all four decided to send them through to the next stage.

Did you enjoy Only Boys Aloud this evening? Leave your comments below…..

17 Responses to “Britain’s Got Talent 2012: Only Boys Aloud bring ‘a lump and a tear’ to Amanda Holden! (VIDEO)”

1. gazza says:

Fantastic!
    What was the song called?

2. Emma says:

Calon Lan, it’s a classic welsh song. They were fab!xx

3. gazza says:

Thanks Emma

4. 19 Times, says:

I also want to know the song please.

• Deborah says:

Calon Lan was written by Daniel James, the Welsh bard also known as Gwyrosydd and he was my great Grandfather. You can Wikipaedia all about him but I was so proud to hear it sung on television tonight! I hope the boys go far in BGT! it is a beautiful song and almost all Welsh people growing up in Wales are taught it at some point and nearly everyone has it as a hymn at their weddings. You can You Tube kathrine jenkins singing it which is equally moving.

• Deborah says:

Calon Lan was written by Daniel James, the Welsh bard also known as Gwyrosydd and he was my great Grandfather. You can Wikipaedia all about him but I was so proud to hear it sung on television tonight! I hope the boys go far in BGT! it is a beautiful song and almost all Welsh people growing up in Wales are taught it at some point and nearly everyone has it as a hymn at their wedding. You can You Tube kathrine jenkins singing it which is equally moving.

5. Peter says:

The song was ‘Calon Lan’

6. Hilda Williams says:

What a fantastic song for these boys, thay are absolutley fantastic, was there when they auditioned and was very proud to beWelsh and see what young boys can achieve with the right mentoring, ONLY BOYS ALOUD RULE THE WORLD, They also sing don;t stop believing it is a wonderful melody and of course SOSPAN FACH

7. MandyO says:

STUNNING!!!!!

8. Terry says:

If you understand welsh you would be able to feel the song also .ardderchog hogia

9. liz young says:

absolutely brilliant loved them!!!!

10. Geoff says:

Absolutely fantastic , i was so moved by their rendering of that beautiful song, look forward in hearing more from this wonderful valleys boys young choir

11. billy says:

Moved me to tears. I remember the documentaries and it is good to see that so many of the boys are still part of the choir. Hope they win.

12. Graham says:

Wow Brilliant and inspiring !-These fine young boys are a credit to their Nation Wales and to the UK It is so refreshing to compare this talent being engerised and used in such a positive manner,compare that to the rioting youth we have witnessed in England of late.In spite of the very fact that Wales suffers acute unemployment difficulties in the valleys. Do hope these lads win BGT,they certainly deserve it..

13. Kate says:

They are really fabulous, they sing old and new, classic, pop, in English and of course Welsh. They have a fantastic unique sound. I hope they win, they have the talent and versatility to go far. A truly amazing group of ordinary lads with extraordinary talent!

14. Mark Taylor says:

whats the english translation for calon lan please ?