It has been reported that only two days after the Britain’s Got Talent final, Only Boys Aloud are already on the brink of signing a record deal.

The Sun claims that RCA are desperate to land the Welsh choir and want to work on producing their debut album, before the year is out.

The group of young men shone on Saturday’s final of the ITV show, when they won high praise from the judges for their rendition of traditional Welsh hymn, Calon Lan.

They finished third on the night, being beaten by opera singing duo Jonathan and Charlotte and eventual winners Ashleigh and Pudsey, but it has been predicted that they will still have a great career ahead.

Only Boys Aloud even have some famous supporters and it’s been claimed that The Duchess Of Cambridge sent them a message ahead before the final, telling them she was backing them to win.

A show source revealed: “Kate sent a note wishing them luck and that she was supporting them.”

Did you enjoy Only Boys Aloud on BGT? Would you buy their album? Leave your comments below….

26 Responses to “Britain’s Got Talent 2012: Only Boys Aloud land first record deal and support from Kate Middleton!”

1. Helen says:

Why did not The Mend or The Loveable Rogues get the record first???
    How OBA continue their market after the show????

• Mandy says:

It’s probably easier to sign up a choir rather than a band or a solo singer. There is a huge market out there for choirs and not just in Wales.

I enjoyed their performance but I don’t think they deserved the hype that singing in Welsh created for them. They aren’t normally a ‘Welsh Choir’ in that sense although as a very patriotic Welsh person it was lovely to hear my own language sung on a primetime ITV Show.

2. Steve says:

Brilliant, they are an inspiration to today’s youth

3. Vicki says:

I thought they were wonderful. I will definitely buy a CD when it comes out.

4. maureen o sullivan says:

Fabulous!I ll be the first to buy their album.Wonderful that these fantastic young men will be rewarded for their hard work & talent

5. bryan phillips says:

Fabulous sound, will buy their record and album as soon as available,the soloists were magnificent,good luck to them all,they stole the show.

6. Gerald says:

Brilliant fantastic rich toned Welsh Choir music
    these hard working
    lads should have won and were robbed, but they have won the hearts of so many people across the world just look at their message board it says it all. Think they definately should be in opening of the London Olympics they deserve recognition cant wait to buy their first CD album

7. Gerald says:

Brilliant fantastic rich sounding music
    these hard working

8. Robert from Canada says:

Absolutely the best I have seen from Britains Got Talent in a long time. Canada has been following this groups journey and you have a lot of fans across the “pond”. Would definitely buy their album.

9. cizz faulkner says:

brilliant. the hard work and dedication required to perform to this standard is mind boggling. all credit to the choir master.
    cant wait for an album

10. alan b says:

I also will be buying O.B.A. album when it comes out
    such a fantastic inspiration to see a group of lads come together to produduce beautiful music
    GOOD LUCK GUYS

11. Stefano says:

It’s a yes for me, here in Italy too

12. Geoff says:

I was so disappointed that this fantasic hard working Welsh choir lost the BGT £500,000 to a dog act,which would have helped the organisation continue their marvellous work with these fine lads and be able to share their beautiful inspiring music with us allowing a grand tour.But they have won the hearts of so many people in the uk and across the world as can be seen in the OBA message board.For those interested the English translation of their Welsh song Calon Lan roughly translates as follows,and certainly puts things into true human perspective.Good Luck -OBA !
    I don’t ask for a luxurious life,
    The world’s gold or its fine pearls,
    I ask for a happy heart,
    An honest heart, a pure heart.
    ( Chorus: ) A pure heart full of goodness
    Is fairer than the pretty lily.
    None but a pure heart can sing,
    Sing all day and sing all night.
    If I wished for worldly wealth,
    It would swiftly go to seed.
    The riches of a virtuous, pure heart
    Will bear eternal – profit.
    (Chorus) Evening and morning, my wish
    Rising to heaven on the wing of song
    For God, for the sake of my Saviour,
    To give me a pure heart.

13. Josie Grech says:

Absolutely wonderful, greatest voices ever, keep it up guys!
    I will keep on following you.

Josie, from Malta

14. Josie Grech says:

I most certainly will buy your first album!

15. James Toohey says:

I will definitely buy their album. They have given me much joy during BGT and I look forward to a DVD celebrating their commitment and TALENT.

16. Nickb says:

order it now if I could ! expect to see them at the Millenium Stadium for the rugby :)

17. James Toohey says:

They are fantastic.
    What a great joy they are to watch and listen to, and I believe it’s a privilege to share their delight in the comments of the judges. It was beautiful.

18. June says:

Of course I will certainly be buying Only Boys Aloud albums they are superb.

19. Patrick says:

I loved the performance of the Only Boys Aloud choir. I would buy their CD. I hope that they continue to sing in their native tongue. It is not important to understand the words, the emotion of their singing says it all. I am delighted that they will get a record contract. Congrats to them and their fantastic leader!

20. Patrick says:

By the way, it would be a shame if they were not asked to open the Olympic Games!
    What a tribute to them and Great Britain that would be. I hope it happens!!!

• bryan phillips says:

i think that would be a fantastic opening for the games and well deserved,only boys aloud are a terrific choir with a unique sound,give us more.

21. John Maxwell says:

Hello Everyone,

I’m from the USA, and I would purchase a CD from these guys in a heartbeat. Love the music and the talent. Thank you!

JM

22. Pastor David Cumby says:

Agree with many above that they are refreshing, inspiring & fantastic. The dog act and opera singer were great, but how can this be compared with what this Choir Director and boys have been through and ACCOMPLISHED.

They should have had the first prize money as this is one of the greatest human interest stories in the music world, even above Susan Boyle, etc. and think what it would have done for their program and area versus going to a 17 year old & her dog or the second place singer (who will also get a big deal). The former does not compare to the ventriloquist who won America’s Got Talent a few years ago with his amazingly innovative act that won a Las Vegas career.

I certainly hope RCA contract adds up to more than the $500M pounds, for this group as they will be worldwide sensations (for their talent and their story)and stars for years to come I hope and expect!

23. Pastor David Cumby says:

LOcated in Bridgetown, Nova Scotia CANADA by the way!

24. Christian says:

I’m an Italian guy, I do too in a choir, but these guys are fantastic, I want their cd as soon as possible *_*