Britain’s Got Talent magician Darcy Oake frustrates David Walliams with brilliant illusions!

April 19th, 2014 by Lisa McGarry
[ssba]
darcy oake

darcy oake

Darcy Oake, a 26 year old professional magician from Canada who specialises in sleight of hand and illusions makes quite a name for himself on tonight’s episode of Britain’s Got Talent.

The handsome hopeful takes to the stage after a whole string of awful magicians, just as the panel are about to give up on ever coming across a talented and engaging illusionist through the ITV show.

Darcy tells the panel how and why he became obsessed with magic as a young boy and explains:

“I have loved magic for forever. [When I was a child] I experienced that feeling of ‘how could you do that?’ and I wanted to do that to other people.”

Oake adds:

PLEASE CONTACT REX FEATURES FOR ALL ARCHIVED IMAGERY - 0207 278 7294 cmchugh@rexfeatures.com

“I am auditioning for BGT because it’s the biggest talent show in the world and I want to be performing on a global scale. I feel if it goes well it could change my life.”

Darcy performs a sleight of hand illusion with doves, a bird cage and a finale where a woman appears from nowhere. He leaves the audience, the judges and Ant and Dec speechless.

David Walliams raves about the act saying:

“I think you’re the best magician I’ve seen on the show. I have no idea how you did that, which is frustrating. It was fantastic. I loved it!”

Amanda Holden gushes:

“The most important thing about magic is making us believe that the impossible is possible and you just did that.”

Simon Cowell says:

“You are without question the best magician we’ve ever had on this show. You weren’t corny, you were very different and I think we have uncovered a star with you, I really do.”

Alesha Dixon may be a new mum but it seems she still appreciates a handsome face and she teases:

“That was fantastic and it helps that you look fantastic as well.”

Of course, unsurprisingly, Darcy got four yeses and a spot in the next round.

Do you think he deserves it? Leave your comments below….

0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)
[ssba]

Lisa McGarry

Lisa has been watching reality TV for too long now. She won't do any housework unless 'Big Brother' announces it over the tannoy and everything she does has to be put to a public vote!

12 Comments

1. pam carey on April 19, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I enjoyed the act but don’t feel that it is right for someone who is not living in britain to be able to be on the show. Maybe the title of the show should be changed.

2. Suzanne Adkins on April 19, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Darcy is brilliant. Canada is part of the Commonwealth, so why not allow Canadians to participate in Britain’s Got Talent. This young magician certainly added to the program both visually and with great talent. “How does he do that???”

3. Manuel Miles on April 19, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Of COURSE Darcy should be allowed to compete on BGT: last year’s winner was a group from HUNGARY.
    Besides, we Canadians have the same Queen as head of state.

4. smells on April 19, 2014 at 11:17 pm

well sorry but we don’t have a ‘Canada’s got talent’, but seeing as Canada is a commonwealth I think BGT is the closest and most worthy alternative.

5. Pol Mottershead on April 19, 2014 at 11:24 pm

The clue is in the name ‘BRITAIN’S got talent !

6. Lisa on April 20, 2014 at 12:09 am

I agree to a point. But as others have said Canada is a Commonwealth
    Under the same Queen as Head. So why Not

7. Lisa on April 20, 2014 at 12:11 am

Sorry my second reply is. He already has his own website and is
    A professional. And has had shows in Vegas and all over Canada
    And United States

8. Kristan on April 20, 2014 at 2:51 pm

We should be proud that we live in a country that attracts the best in the world, both in professional and talent related industries. We should work hard to celebrate and protect that. Also this is a commercial enterprise and they will make the best show they can, and they are allowed to do it with their rules. Personally I think we should embrace all entrants and if you can’t then accept the rules or don’t watch. Besides, there are so many people with different backgrounds, how would you write the rules, would you need to live here for a year, two, have British parents, come here every few years, pay a tax bill? I know a guy from Britain (with Finish parents) who won Finland’s X-factor…should that be allowed? Should others run in the London marathon or bands from other parts of the world be in the British charts? Think about it….attracting the best helps us be the best and inspires people here to go and learn these amazing skills and talents….the more the merrier I think!

9. Kristan on April 20, 2014 at 3:02 pm

….and to Lisa…BGT are happy to have anybody from any background (as confirmed by a BGT spokesperson)….once again, they can choose to have who they want on their talent show. This guy has aspirations to perform on a global stage, why should’t he. It’s not called ‘Britain’s got talent, but you must be British and armature (definition required) to compete…and British means living in Britain and paying your taxes or….(another definition required)’. If it was your business you would want the best…from everywhere and any background. I think it makes the show great and let’s be fair…Britain isn’t bringing game….I am Australian and have lived in Britain for 13 years, should I be able to compete? It’s interesting as well how we are not talking about the crappy international acts…just the ones that are winning and bringing a good game….I think he is awesome, we should be giving him a reason to stay and be part of this great country!

10. Kristan on April 20, 2014 at 3:09 pm

…and to the Canadian’s on here you would be amazed how much debate these international acts are creating here at the moment! ‘Middle’ Britain is alive and well…especially in areas outside of London! It’s amazing how many people forget this country, like so many others, is made up of all sorts of cultures and people who choose to come here (permanently or just to visit) and add to it. Your magician should be global for all to enjoy and if the BGT stage helps him to do that I think that is great…he really is something and I hope he becomes the success that he has worked so hard to become, and his family story is a real tragedy! I wish him the best….he has my vote :)

11. Mike on April 21, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Well last year the winner was from Hungary so someone must have voted for them – in fact it suggests that since he won, most of the people in Britain voted for him..

12. Ang on April 22, 2014 at 5:29 am

Umm isn’t the one boy from one direction Irish? Really, is this conversation actually happening?

Comments are closed.