alice fredenham the voice

Fans of Britain’s Got Talent will know that singer Alice Fredenham wowed the judges and the audience when she auditioned for the show, however, when Alice tried out for BBC1’s The Voice – you can see her audition in tonight’s show – none of the coaches turned their chairs for her…

So she was of course therefore rejected, and when we saw her try out for BGT, we saw a nervous young lady who was insecure about her performance. So much so that – as she told us last week – she didn’t tell any of those close to her about her BGT audition in case she failed there too…

However, it’s been reported today that an insider at The Voice has accused Alice of being “fake” and claimed that she acted the part of a nervous, modest wannabe in order to get the sympathy vote.

alice fredenham 2The source told the Daily Star, “The Alice everyone saw on Britain’s Got Talent is certainly not the singer who auditioned for us.”

Of Alice’s The Voice audition, the paper adds, “The 28-year-old beauty therapist auditioned for the BBC’s singing show before entering BGT and showed no sign then of nerves.

“She flaunted her boobs in a revealing outfit complete with red lipstick and gyrated on stage as she performed The Lady Is A Tramp.”

The show source continued, “She was bold, confident and knew how to command the stage.

“It’s almost like someone told her to act shy and dress down so that she made a bigger impact during her ITV audition.

“Something doesn’t add up.”

As we’ll see on The Voice tonight, ahead of her blind audition, Alice was seen backstage with her family where she told Reggie Yates, “My confidence has grown loads in the last few years. I think that comes with age.

“I’ve done gigs around London and I’ve sung at a few weddings.”

But last night, a Britain’s Got Talent spokesman rubbished claims that Alice is a fake, “Not getting through on The Voice really knocked the stuffing out of her.

“She’s just getting a second chance. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

Too right! I suspect The Voice is having a severe case of sour grapes having lost not only Alice to Simon Cowell’s camp, but also last year’s X Factor winner, James Arthur.

What say you?

Here’s a reminder of Alice on BGT…

9 Responses to “The Voice insider accuses Alice Fredenham of being fake saying ‘The Alice we saw on Britain’s Got Talent isn’t the singer who auditioned for us’ #sourgrapesmuch?”

1. Mandy says:

I couldn’t agree more and Seeing the picture from the Voice for me confirms my suspicions. I do think she playing the talent show game but who can blame her! Alice is an extremely talented girl and although we haven’t seen her audition for the Voice I do find it unbelievable that not one of the judges turned round based on what we saw last Saturday.

Yes I do think it’s sour grapes by the Voice but at the end of the day the reason people actual portray themselves in this way including the fake merves from Christopher Maloney last year on XFactor is because they don’t just judge people on their talent they have to have some sort of a story to them to make them more likeable. It’s so wrong because in my opinion Alice’s voice is beautiful and that is the only reason why people should think that she’s talented not because she seemed to have no confidence.

2. Tahaweh Minwah says:

I can’t believe the Voice!! It makes absolute sense that the stuffing was taken out of Alice, that she went
    to BGT thinking they would’nt accept her either and can quite understand why she did’nt take anyone with her in case she was rejected again. As it was it is great that
    she is with BGT who recognized her talent.

3. Tiberio says:

I have no doubt that Alice masterminded a captivating act to gain more attention to herself, knowing that British people have a weakness for shy and humble people. Such news does not come as a surprise to me, do not take me wrong I liked her voice and the acting that came with her was very touching, but I spotted her difference as soon as she hugged Ant & Dec in the back stage, her personality was already much colder… so very soon… that caused me concern which has now been confirmed by the media. If alice truly has a “liquid gold” voice she would have nothing to worry about, but if she is aiming to captivate the emotion of the public, this surely will back fire on her, big time! I wonder if Alice’s astrological star sign is Aries!!??

4. Trimloss says:

Alice, anyone who doesn’t fall in love with you and your BGT audition, doesn’t have a heart – and anyone who rejects your performances, doesn’t have a head.

5. adam says:

How is it sour grapes? It’s not like she got through on the voice and left… She wasnt chosen. Then fooled bgt.

• julie trimloss says:

6. julie trimloss says:

Alice’s song choice on The Voice was never going to sound like it was coming from the Gods as the BGT one did. In The Voice audition, she did display a lot of confidence, but without the judges seeing the whole package including her sultry sexy mannerisms, she had a tough challenge. Her whole proffesional approach meant that her rejection on The Voice was going to knock her for six. Nevertheless, she rose from the ashes of that defeat and gave us a BGT performance that will go down in history. (The words “God”, “sultry” and “sexy” were first quoted by the BGT judges – there is therefore nothing to tone down)

7. matt says:

IN stead of accusing her of being “fake” is it at all possible that being turned away by the voice broke whatever confidence she had? That seems to make perfect sense to me. why are people so cruel in their judgments of her?

• julie trimloss says:

I’m shoulder to shoulder with you matt. Alice was recorded in one interview, as expressing fear of being judged in case the judges did not appreciate how seriously see took her auditions. After her failure on The Voice, that fear also extended to her family. Having had more than my own fair share of ill judgement, I fully understand her actions and will defend her steadfastly.