tyler oakley one direction

UPDATE! Has Liam quit Twitter? Click here to read his furious rant over Tyler Oakley & Duck Dynasty drama!

Tyler Oakley has been getting death threats and losing followers by the thousand tonight, after getting into a bit of a spat with One Direction star Liam Payne.

Liam tweeted Duck Dynasty’s Willie Robertson earlier in the evening saying:

“@williebosshog huge love to you/your family huge respect for your business prosperities and the family values you still all behold. big fan”

The message was thought to refer to the fact that in December 2013, Willie’s dad Phil Robertson was suspended by TV network A&E over remarks he made in a which were widely-reported in the media as “anti-gay” and bigoted. The suspension started a nationwide debate about tolerance, homophobia and religion. Following public pressure on A&E to lift the suspension, the patriarch was reinstated nine days later and Duck Dynasty continued.

Youtube star Tyler was livid when he read the tweet.

As an openly gay star, who has interviewed and met One Direction on many occasions and was even invited along to take part in 1D Day last November, Oakley was disappointed in the Little Things singer and he tweeted him saying:

Tyler added:

“If you defend someone actively supporting bigotry, homophobia, and ignorance, we’re not on the same wavelength to even have a discussion.”

The star was bombarded by death threats, told to commit suicide and inundated with hateful messages. He replied:

“I live for the ignorance in my replies right now. I’ve never seen so many tweens telling me to kill myself and to leave the fandom. Amazing.”

Oakley continued:

tyler oakley 1d

“I’m okay with losing followers over this; I’d rather give LGBT teens support than look the other way & accept bigotry to appease a fan base.”

“LGBTQ youth: I support you, and if you’re ever feeling alone or discriminated against, you can talk to @TrevorProject. <3″

Liam just responded to the craziness that is breaking out online and explained his comments saying:

“Being a fan of someones show and the way they still hold a family together doesnt mean i am ok with all they say.”

He told a fan:

“always assuming , makes twitter no fun and no point”

He denied having a problem with gay people and continued:

“….im being called something im not , people can love who they want , its none of my business”

” i just like the show and i love when families stick together, i havent said i agree with all that theyve ever said”

“also i was severely bullied all through school , i would never wish that feeling on anyone”

Liam has already apologised on Twitter this week after his friend shared a picture of him walking on a ledge on the 37th floor of his London apartment building.

Tyler replied to Liam and posted:

Fan reaction to the issue has been mixed and one Twitter user commented:

“As a gay fan who drove 10 hours to see @onedirection I would be so dissapointed to know that @Real_Liam_Payne is homophobic.”

However another wrote:

“tyler oakley is overreacting liam didn’t even tweet the guy that’s homophobic.”

A third said:

“if liam apologizes im literally done he apologizes for things he shouldnt be apologizing for bc of immature fans indirect to tyler oakley”

What do you think if the whole furore? Is Tyler right? Was Liam within his rights to tweet Willie? Leave your comments below….

59 Responses to “Tyler Oakley accuses Liam Payne of supporting homophobia with Willie Robertson Duck Dynasty tweets!”

1. kit says:

i dont think liam is homophobic and shouldn’t have to keep on apologizing to his fans for everything little thing he does or says. Some of the fan assume things too quickly and i think that tyler overreacted just a little bit.

2. Verily says:

I am DISGUSTED by Liam’s thoughtlessness and his half-baked apology. His words tonight have been incredibly damaging and his fans deserve better.

3. Mae says:

Liam is not homophobic. He tweeted months ago that he loves his gay fans. He is a really nice person. And I used to watch Tyler’s videos, I think he’s nice as well, but some things that he do just piss me off and I don’t think I like him as much anymore.

4. lizzy says:

Excuse me VERILY, but liam payne is not homophobic okay? he was severely bullied before he was in the xfactor and he has a big heart he never even tweeted about being homophobic because he is NOT homophobic so leave because you’re not part of the fandom and you don’t understand things

5. Karla" says:

Tyler takes the whole Anti-Gay think rather seriously so i can understand where hes coming from. I don’t take a specific side, but id like to point out Tyler didn’t overreact, he was doing what he does best, support LBGTQ people because he saw Liam who he adores cheering over someone who discriminates over how he and others are.

6. Ashley Milner says:

I believe that Liam’s post was NOT bashing gay people. I, myself, fully believe that the whole ‘Duck Dynasty’ fiasco was completely redundant. I did not believe A&E should have kicked him off the show for an opinion based on his religious beliefs. Having said that, do not think me one who hates gays, because I do not. I actually watch Tyler Oakley’s videos, and I find them hilarious and entertaining. Liam’s post was simply stating his own full-hearted opinion and should not be frowned upon, nor should he be getting flack for posting. Both groups have the freedom of speech, opinion, and religion and should not have to change their opinion because of yours.

7. Hillary says:

Tyler Oakley is annoying, he always has been to me. He likes to assume things to easily without even knowing anything. Like Liam has been apologizing so much, like he can say whatever he wants and whatever he says is always taken a wrong way. Just let him be and let him say whatever, he’s a human being.

8. M says:

I think both Liam and Tyler are in the wrong. It was very stupid and irresponsible for Liam to tweet that. I don’t think Liam intended the tweet in the negative way people think. I feel like he meant he respects the way the family has stayed together despite Phil screwing up and the negativity they’ve received. I will say though, in the UK family values tend to mean something different then they do in America. If you know Liam you know family is very important to him, so I think he meant he respects the fact that none of them turned on Phil because he made a mistake. if Liam wanted to tweet about this, he should have chosen his word more carefully. I understand Tyler being upset he felt he was being attacked, but at the same time I think he blew this way out of proportion then it needed to be.

9. miranda says:

I don’t think Liam is wrong to say what he said I don’t mind gay people because most off them are my friends but he really didn’t do anything wrong that he needs to apologize for he didn’t say anything wrong about gays so its not a big deal.

10. g. fillmore says:

i think i’m the only adult responding to this so i’ll try to make this easy…
    in the united states the term “family values” is readily known to be firmly connected to political and social issues which include the lgbt community. when talking about family values in the u.s. especially while talking about an american (willie) whose family is known to be homophobic it is very understandable why anyone would have been mistaken about the tweet. especially because payne doesn’t actually mention the show beyond saying “big fan” and uses the term “family values”.
    but put this in perspective, if a tv personality made hateful comments about a racial minority or if they called christians evil and compared them to murderers and bestiality you’d probably understand the emotions the lgbt community feels toward the ‘duck dynasty’ guys. if a pop star then said they were a big fan of theirs and their “values” a lot of people would be upset and understandably so.

from what i’ve seen oakley didn’t say anything hateful to payne and in fact thanked him for his “apology” and explanation… and yet the 1d teen fanbase are still upset that he could even have an understandable thought. that’s pretty telling about the absolute bias which clouds so many of their fan’s eyes.

when you grow up you will learn a few things about the world. one of them is that being attracted to someone/being their fan doesn’t always make them a good or honest person, that is not to say that payne is not good or honest but that their fan base assumes this without knowing anything beyond what their management wants you to know. it also means their fanbase should stop readily attacking anyone who criticizes them. if you think everyone is allowed an opinion then allow them their opinions without threatening to kill them or suggesting they kill themselves (if payne is a good person he wouldn’t want to associate with people who do that, though he’ll happily accept your parent’s money) and here’s something i hope you’ll learn, being honest, fair and decent to other people is worth more than your temporary crush on this guy you will hardly remember in 10 years. hating oakley because he spoke honestly about a subject that is important to millions of people only makes you hateful. serioulsy, you’re going to be upset with someone, call them names, suggest they kill themselves or just die because they were standing up to what could have been possible discrimination? think about that for a second. if someone was possibly discriminating against you, doesn’t matter if it was actually happening but there was a possibility that it could, would you want someone to stand up for you? i think the vast majority of you would.

have a nice night y’all. make good choices.

11. Paul says:

Payne needs to realise that his “fans” are going to give weight and credit to things he says or does or is linked to. His tweet about respecting the family values of the Robinson clan ( personally I think the family and the show are crap) after Phil Robinsons openly homophobic comments are always gonna be interpreted by people as a gay slur.

He doesn’t need to apologise but he should watch what he says and stop the whining

12. Skylar says:

I think that they were both wrong tbh. I love Liam and tyler both. But? They both sometimes piss me off because Liam shouldn’t be apoligizing for things that aren’t even his fault. And tyler needs to stop assuming things and taking stuff serious. just because Liam made some tweet towards a duck dynasty cast member who personally thinks the topic is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but when it’s something like giving people hate and telling them to kill themselves??? YOUR DISGUSTING. you should NEVER take advantage of saying “it’s just my opinion” like ew no. it’s not a opinion,when your sending another person hate. and in conclusion, Direcioners need to grow up.

13. Richard says:

Captures the situation accurately. +1

14. Richard says:

Oops: My comment “Captures the situation accurately. +1″ is supposed to be a reply to g. fillmore.

15. Sam says:

Hey Verily Shut up okay. If you were in the spotlight what would you do? Yes we can all sit and talk about the wrongs he did but when it comes down to it what would we do in his position. Teenagers especially those so clearly in the spotlight have way too much pressure on them. It’s why teenage stars suffer so much, they shouldn’t have to have people they trust such as “fans” put as much pressure on them as everyone else judging them. And though he knew what getting famous would do to him and his privacy, it’s still not right to invade it. Celebrities are people not caged animals in a zoo we can ogle and instigate for our own amusement. If you keep pushing him obviously he’s going to snap, everyone’s entitled to mess up. Leave the poor kid alone.

16. Faith says:

Okay so Liam apologized about something he clearly didn’t mean, he explained that his vague tweet was intended toward the family aspect of the show rather than the homophobic part. The thing that gets me upset over tyler Oakley is that he had to see that tweet, morph it in his brain to find a way to make it relate to himself, and call someone out on it? Shouldn’t he have thought about all the people who we’re going to see these tweets? I honestly am wondering why Tyler hasn’t apologized to Liam yet. In my eyes, it was almost a selfish act to stir up drama on twitter and I agree with Liam that that is what makes twitter so pointless and pathetic.it was a vague tweet, why call someone out when you don’t know the full facts? If anything in my mind, I most definitely think this one is on Tyler Oakley.

17. Lexi says:

In my opinion, this was all just a big misunderstanding. Liam praised Willie’s family for not shutting out Willie’s father because Liam believes that family should stick together, no matter what. He wasn’t supporting the homophobic comments Wilie’s father made, but Tyler construed it as such. Over the pond, they believe family means to prtect each other and support each other. but here in america, well, lets just say you have to be REALLY SPECIFIC because people will get hurt feelings. As a 16 year old, non directioner fan, who doesnt watch duck dynasty or tyler oakley, and who supports LGBTQ rights, I dont see anyone at fault here. But thats just my opinion, and im welcome to it as everyone else is to theirs.

18. Alison says:

Liam was not in the wrong here. Sure, maybe his phrasing was off but Tyler did not need to make it into a huge, out of control problem by directly tweeting him. Liam was supporting the fact that the Robertsons stuck together through a tough time as a family, he was not praising Phil’s speech and tweeted later that he didn’t say or infer that he agreed with Phil’s statement. No one needs to send Liam or Tyler any hate, death threats, or anything of that nature. It’s immature, and not our place to comment on what either of the boys said to journalists, bloggers, friends, or other fans. Take a step back for a minute and realize that there are bigger issues here than two people in the public eye arguing with each other…

19. Amy says:

I loveeee one direction, but I also really lovet Tyler his YouTube videos are hilarious I’ve been watching them a long time before he met One Direction.. I am with Tyler on this, I am so disappointed by how thoughtless Liam is being, there’s a lot of young girls in the fan base and he’s swearing in like every tweet what kind of role model is that.. I am really angry and confused right now, I really don’t understand how any of you commenting above me can support Liam in this? As a celebrity people are going to judge you and say things about you so Liam needs to calm down.. Tyler is definitely not in the wrong

20. Gwenno says:

Everyone has their own opinion but sometimes it should NOT be shared. Liam is being ridiculous about this entire situation. He needs to grow up. I fully support Tyler Okaley

21. WTF, you guys need to get a life says:

OMG…….wtf!? GET A LIFE, ARE YOU ALL SO STUPID? What does it matter? I am a gay man and am in no way offended by any of it it’s just a publicity stunt, you all need to grow up and get a life there are so many more important issues to concentrate on rather than getting in such a flap over NOTHING some simple words types into a text box………..Jesus people sort your lives out

22. Aie says:

I think there’s nothing wrong with what Liam tweeted. He is just stating his own thing on his own twitter. The thing is, people love to make conclusions on everything. And not just conclusions, but we always (almost) assumes things, things that arent right. Just like what Tyler did. -_-

23. SophieB says:

I don’t think Liam was being in any way homophobic what so ever and Tyler was very quick to judge and make assumptions. However, Liam has not handled his ‘apology’ very well and his language he used the way he went about it was uncalled for. I know he was probably very angry as I would be too but there are better and more mature ways of sorting issues like this out. No impressed by either of them. Tyler was too quick to judge and Liam shouldn’t have tweeted those foul mouthed tweets.

24. PattyP says:

I’m incredibly disappointed on the directioners and the fans.Tyler did nothing wrong.He just stood up fr something and you all bashed him for that and told him to kill himself?what is wrong with you?Liam is homophobic.Theres no denying on that.You dont tell aomeone to kill themaelves because you never know what they will do next.If you were in tyler’s place what would you feel?Imagine that all of you are saying that to teenagers nd kids whos depressed.Would you feel happy? If liam was bullied why is he saying stuff he doesnt want it to happen but he targeta tyler? I mean im just 13 and this is just bulltwit.I hope you feel happy now.

25. I'm sad says:

Liam, you may not have intended to be homophobic, but your tweets made me feel very afraid. I don’t know if you realize but a lot of times your fans are very cruel to gay people online because they feel the need to ”defend” you. I get attacked online daily, I get called a f*aggot and told to kill myself. By your fans. But I’m a fan as well, I’ve spent hours listening your music and spending my money on 1D. What you did was hurtful, and it made me feel small and unwanted, once again. You basically took a stance saying you’re on team bigot and then got defensive when people weren’t cool with it. But you know what, people weren’t cool with your tweets…do you know what it feels like when people are not cool with your core identity? I’m guessing not. There are laws against people like me. There are people out there who want to kill me. And your tweets made my little existence feel like a nightmare. My safe place with One Direction is no more.

26. this is terrible says:

Liam had his say tyler disagreed end of story telling someone to kill themselves what ever they did is pointless and makes me so angry that people think its okay to say this, everyone is saying how liam got bullied but all the directioners are bulling tyler, for what? Him expressing and opinion yes liam probably didnt mean it to sound like that but get lost if you think he is homophobic its petty and frankly I hate the human race.

27. Jodi says:

We don’t even truly know these people. Stop assuming and hating.

28. John Smith says:

It’s a shame, but not exactly surprising, that both parties involved (T.O. L.P.) handled the situation so poorly. Tyler took the defensive of the community approach and Liam took the defensive of the self approach. Both have been bitten hard for that; they should have remained modest and grown up. They’re in their f-ing twenties… They should know better.

29. Katie says:

I am so upset that people are making a big deal about what Liam said. He is allowed to hold his own opinion and therefore shouldn’t be judged by it. So many people get offended when someone says that they “don’t support gay rights” because THEY are gay. They never said anything about you, you can have your own opinion and your own way of life, while I’ll have mine. I personally don’t support gay rights but I would never purposely say something to offend someone that belives and/or practices it. I believe Liam feels bad about Phil Robertson because of what has happened to him and he wants to stand behind him because, like what’s happening to Liam right now, he is getting bashed for what he was probably taught his whole life and what he belives and is that how the world is today? Bashing people for their opinion? Is that what weve come to? Seriously. He didn’t mean to upset Tyler he was stating his opinion and Tyler took it the wrong way(just like Phil Robertson.)

30. LeAnn Jones says:

Tyler oakly is wrong, Liam did nothing wrong. Tyler blew everything out of proportion.For one Tyler should of minded his business an non of this would of happen. Tyler basically put words in Liam’s mouth Liam never said anything about homophobia. So I’m not understanding this!!!! It’s not Liam that’s wrong it’s Tyler that’s wrong.

31. Elizabeth says:

I support gay rights, I would have said something to if some celebrity i liked like Kellin Quinn tweeted the duck dynasty thing because yes it does sound a tad bit homophobic you have to admit. Tyler was just standing up for what he believes in, and i think Liam took it a little far.

32. Dissapointed_in_society says:

Can everyone just shut up and stop sending hate to Tyler and Liam. This is really annoying. Im a fan but this is just useless bullshit to start drama. Just let them be. Opinions were told now just leave it alone. Damn. Some people just can’t see the big picture because they’re too “loyal” to their fandoms..saying you cant see how other people disagree with you is just showing how thickheaded you are. You cant even try to see someones side of the story cause youre too stubborn to come back to reality instead of your little fandom fantasy. You’re a fan, but do you even know these people and whay they really meant by their tweets? Everyone has freedom of speech and Liam can say whatever her wants. Tyler was just reacting and thats fine. But all the fans are the problems with this. The fans blow it way out of proportion. And to the people who just side with you they like better…this is your fault. People these days piss me off.

33. Prima says:

I honestly think that Tyler didn’t do anything wrong.Tyler did say in his tweet that he was confused about what Liam tweeted. He must have also been hurt because he at first thought that Liam had been homophobic and he adores One Direction. I think that Liam took it too far by saying that Tyler wasn’t a real fan. I believe that Tyler is a real fan and was not using them for fame. The directioners were horrible to Tyler. No one should be treated like that. He was send death threats. Most directioners are over reacting and not realising that maybe Liam could have been wrong. Tyler was only standing up for what he believes in. They were saying that Liam was only stating an opinion but they don’t realise that Tyler was also just stating an opinion yet he’s getting hate and death threats for it. They wouldn’t like it if another fandom was giving Liam or any of the other boys hate and death threats but they are doing the same to Tyler Oakley. It’s horrible and it’s not needed.

34. jamjo says:

I dont care about your public apology or anything else I go through life making sure I have nothing to do with people who support any form of prejudism or racism. I will not shop at their stores and I most certainly WILL NOT watch their shows and help make them millions. Liam Payne I dont care how many apologies you give when it comes down to it You support values of a family who publicly said remarks to being gay as sin that blacks never minded working in cotton fields that they actually enjoyed it. I really hope this makes you lose alot of fans because the next time a teenager takes a bullet to their head cause they think society will not accept them who they are because of people like the Robertson family you sleep good at night cause at least they were good workers and have great family values. You have lost a great supporter who has raised thousands of dollars in your bands name for your charities f4rom your fans well guess what She just announced she quit she will no longer raise money in your names cause she is sick of supporting a band that supports homophobes. Congratulations you are one in a million arent you… Bravery Liam and be proud of your newfound accomplishment JOB WELL DONE!!!

35. Danielle says:

Tyler has blown things way out of proportion, he could have simply tweeted him privately telling him his problem. I am disgusted as to whoever thinks Liam is homophobic, he was bullied at a young age and would know the feeling he would put upone people so why would he do that? Conisdering people are being bullied for being

36. Nkosana says:

Now that I know the full story(Or atleast I think I do) I feel the whole thing is being blown totally out of proportion I mean the guy just innocently tweeted his friend and is now being accused of being homophobic and siding with his friend’s father’s opinions not having cited that whatsoever…trust the media and idiots to sensationalize and exaggerate everything!

37. Hailey says:

I think that Liam was fine when he tweeted that, but he could of worded it a little better or made a follow up tweet that he didnt mean it in that way. I’ve watched Tyler Oakley for a while now, and knowing how he feels about peoples comments on that, and he has friends that are gay and like one direction to, than I think that he had the right to.tweet that to Liam. Tyler didnt fully think through his tweet, and neither did Tyler, but I honestly if anybody apologizes it should be liam bcuz he probably doesnt realize how many gay fans he actually has. Tyler was just expresses the point that he thought was wrong. The only reason most people are hating on tyler is because they think liam is a “god” in their heads, and bcux tyler supposedly isnt. But to those people who are hating on tyler, hes not gonna take ur comments seriously, so just shut the fudge up. And if anything take your comments and you read it, and think about how you would feel if someone said that to you.

38. Jasmine says:

I think that Liam was just trying to be kind. I do not think he is homophobic therefore Tyler probably got the wrong idea. I love both boys and I think that all those “fans” that are telling Tyler to go screw himself, make me ashamed to be in the One Direction fandom. Both Liam and Tyler have a right to what they say.

39. what the heck says:

oh my god liam apologized, tyler accepted it, can we get over this please?

40. K says:

Oh yeah, and as for the “free speech” comments…WTF?! Firstly, if you’re going to criticize someone for speaking out against someone else’s opinions, by saying they have the right to free speech, that’s incredibly hypocritical. Does everyone have the right to free speech, or just the people you agree with?
    But when did free speech become something that people use to express hateful views or the support of hateful views. I’m not saying Liam does support hateful views. I actually think it was quite innocent and then he stupidly played the victim and moaned about people taking offence too easily (or was that his obsessive fans saying that?). But to some (ok, a lot) of people, he SEEMED to be showing support for people with hateful views. Now he’s talking about free speech, probably something he picked up from a comment of one of his hateful, abusive and unfailingly, blindingly loyal fans. Freedom of speech has and has to have limitations, in law and in morality. Who actually believes freedom of speech includes being aloud to spout racist views on the streets of London for example? What about people who get sued for slander? Weren’t they just exercising their freedom of speech? Or were they sabotaging someone’s reputation and livelihood? Get a grip children/uneducated people.

41. Wanda says:

I agree with you yet disagree, I dont think it was Tyler Oakley that blew the whole thing way out of proportion, i think it was simply fans of both liam and tyler. In the end Tyler ended up saying “@Real_Liam_Payne Thank you for being accountable for your words and explaining your intention. They have more weight than you realise.” yet fans continued to complain and comment. After Tyler’s comment i think the whole thing should have been over.

42. Kat Davis says:

Liam may not have meant his tweet to be homophobic, but after learning that his tweet hurt a big part of the fandom, he should have apologised and explained instead of playing the victim.

43. Jordyn says:

Liam said nothing wrong! So he likes the show Duck Dynasty, and there is nothing wrong with that. Tyler Oakly is overreacting. Liam may like the show, but that does not mean he agrees with every single thing everyone in the Robertson Family says! I think everyone just needs to calm down cuz nothing Liam said was wrong, and Tyler made it something it was not. so… yeah.

44. Linda says:

Anyone who thinks Liam is homophobic is grabbing random thoughts out of mid air. The man said he liked a show that happened to have family values. Tyler is too into himself to make such assertions about Liam. I don’t blame Liam for anything he had to say in his reply about Tyler’s comment. It’s over. Does anyone understand the presser the 1D boys are under 24/7? Back off and give them a break.

45. Liam paynes biggest fan says:

Tyler is being a sensitive b*tch. Did Laim even put anything about Tyler. So why does Tyler jump to conclusions.

46. Megan says:

This fandom is run by a bunch of ignorant teenagers, who don’t have a clue how things work in real life.

I really don’t understand why people don’t get it? It’s not even the initial tweet that’s the problem anymore. It is Liam’s reaction and actions following it, that people have a problem with.

Liam may not have intended to be homophobic, but he was. I understand how he didn’t know about the controversy surrounding DD, but after he found out, he had plenty of time to say sorry. An apology to those fans how were hurt and upset. That is his responsibility as a public figure. Instead, he completely disregarded the feelings of those people, and instead, went on some sort rampage, fulled by a personal vendetta he has against the media.

It truly amazes me, how some fans will blindly follow whatever any of the boys say or do. People need to grow up, former their own opinions instead of following the crowd. He’s human, he made a mistake, did something wrong.

The underlying issue here, is the rampant homophones that exists in this fandom. In fact, I think even Liam would be disgusted at the way some of you treat lgbtq fans. I see it everyday.

Those of you who say we’re not ‘true fans’ for being upset by Liam’s actions, and that we should ‘leave the fandom’. Wow, really? Do you actually see the words you’re typing? Get a life please.

47. pissed off says:

This fandom is fyck

48. wtf though? says:

How can people not see a problem? This fandom is disgustingly rude and prejudiced. It’s not even Liam that’s the problem. It’s his lemmings. They spread the hate and unhappiness.

49. Jen says:

Although I absolutely adore Tyler and would quickly and immaturely take this side, I will not as these immature fans have done to Tyler and Liam. I believe that they are both at fault, one for making this dispute public. Internet drama is completely ridiculous, but if there are any issues they should be brought up in a private message. NOT in front of a bunch of immature 12 year olds on twitter. Although I am disgusted with both of their behaviors, I am equally as disgusted by the behaviors of some of their fans. Sending Tyler death threats and messages telling him to kill himself is DEFIANTLY going too far. Every body makes mistakes and has arguments. But then again, they basically were asking for hate and drama by making their disagreement public. I think that this was all a misunderstanding that neither Tyler or Liam should be held to. It was silly and immature, but people need to move on instead of stirring up the drama more.

50. jordi says:

And the voice of perfect reason finally comes your correct on your statement “g. fillmore says:” tyler didn’t say anything bad and for liam it was a misunderstanding tweet tyler just tried to defend a strong belief that he believes in, I myself am straight but fully support gays also if everyone didn’t notice for this country there is a thing called freedom of speech and if they both did wrong in their statements alright they did but at the end they apologized and both came to an understanding and their not perfect their human beings and we humans always make mistakes, let it go we are not perfection not by a long shot. Also the fans really immature reaction to all this telling tyler to go commit suicide and other death threats first tell me who gave you the right for that kind of command you might have the freedom of speech but not a command like that and how would you feel someone telling you that huh not good huh think about what you say before you write it down on the internet and let me tell you 1D fans those death threats written are worse than words because your threats are practically like writing something in stone (almost permanent)so please if your fans use your heads analyze the situation before writing something and if you truly want to defend a celebrity do it calmly, keep some damn reason and sanity. Fans please improve I swear because like this your going to spread nothing but hate, give every single fan base a bad reputation and are destroying the very foundation that your 1 Direction group stands for spreading love and happiness and I leave you with that. 1 Direction even though I don’t listen to your music best of luck with your career and Liam keep your head up high and hold on man you’ll be fine :). And Tyler hang in there man you’ll get through this too keep a lot of love and people and fans who care about you and same goes for Liam and 1 Direction best of luck on life to you both goodnight :).

51. Teshana Hall says:

Liam is not homophobic whatsoever. I completely support any and every kind of love out there in the world, but it seemed like Tyler jumped to his own conclusion as opposed to finding out Liam’s true intentions behind his tweet. I myself am a HUGE directioner, but I don’t think it was right for directioners to be sending all of that hate towards Tyler. Like I said, I don’t think that Tyler should have jumped to such conclusions but at the same time, people shouldn’t have been to quick to turn on him because of something he believes in. I think it was nice that Liam was calm about the situation instead of getting really angry at the accusation, and his approach was appropriate. Liam is a very calm and genuinely nice guy. Don’t judge what you don’t know.

52. Charles says:

I’m sorry but I interpreted “family values” as the usual euphemism for homophobia. Can someone explain to me what Liam meant by his tweet?

Because considering the shit Duck dynasty is getting now such a tweet sounds like he is cheering them on when he should be condemning them.

But then after looking into it a little more. It was just a terribly written way of saying

“I don’t agree with you guys, but good for you all for sticking together”?

53. bethan says:

I think Tyler Oakly was completely right to express his opinion! We as a society need to stop allowing prejudice and racism to be tolerated. Firstly, Liam Payne defending himself by stating that he was bullied as a child does not immediately vindicate him and prevent him from being homophobic. Tyler Oakly made an assumption based on the tweet that was definitely justified. The fact that Liam Payne can have any respect for a man who has such prejudice and homophobic values is absurd. Its wrong on so many levels to try and justify Liam Payne’s tweet and that is why he has deleted it and his response to Tyler Oakly’s rightful upset was pitiful he should have some bloody balls if he’s going to post a comment like that and not act like a victim. If he hates twitter so much he should gtfo.

54. Keri says:

First off, I’m a 14 year old girl who likes One Direction, is subscribed to Tyler Oakley and supports LGBTQ. I would like to say that they’re both in the wrong. Liam should be more thoughtful and should watch what he says and what he tweets about, because they do have an impact on other people. Though, Tyler didn’t properly assess the situation and so jumped to conclusions. Tyler should have at least DM’d Liam about the situation instead of making it a now well known problem. The reason why I haven’t labelled myself as a directioner and instead said someone ‘who likes One Direction’, is because I’m disgusted by the other members in the fandom who are sending Tyler hate and death threats. It is simply unacceptable to do such a thing as suicide is a serious matter. Honestly though, Directioners need to grow up right now so I can call myself one again, Liam Payne needs to grow some balls and give a proper apology, and Tyler Oakley needs to stop over-analysing things.
    Peace, Love, Take Care
    Keri <3

55. Sophie says:

Tbh i dont think Liam did anything wrong, nor do i think Tyler overreacted, i think it was a misunderstanding, not some homophobic diss

56. Meh says:

WHY DUCK DYNASTY? WHY DUCK DYNASTY? WHY DUCK DYNASTY? I mean he could have chose any family other than them. Wouldn’t it pop in YOUR mind not to associate with them if their words of fear and hatred towards a group of people you dont agree with? and then he says he respect their values of (yes) being a close family and also (yes) of being HOMOPHOBIC… He knew what he was doing, liam Payne is HOMOPHOBIC

57. Johnny says:

Everyone has a right to what they believe in, even the ones that say being gay is not necessarily what they call “right” if someone is ridiculed for thinking such, your clearly not supporting equality, because now your shunning those who think such about gay rights. Don’t hate, I know it’s their choice But don’t insult people because I have an opinion

58. ... says:

Honestly, I think Tyler Oakley is right. Everybody is defending Liam but in reality he should be careful of what he posts on social media. He needs to realize that he said he is a fan of someone who basically bashed gay people. Tyler Oakley is not the bad guy, i think he is the good guy for standing up against something that could’ve potentially offended a lot of people. There was no reason for Liam to post something like that in the first place.

59. bluestar87 says:

I will never understand how people can feel like they know everything about someones views and beliefs just because there a fan its equal parts sad and funny