kimberley walsh

Kimberley Walsh is apparently feeling humiliated after she was almost universally slated for her performance at the National Television Awards this week.

The Strictly Come Dancing star and Girls Aloud singer gave her first ever solo performance at the star studded event in London on Wednesday night and delivered what was supposed to be an emotional rendition of the classic track ‘One Day I’ll Fly Away’ by Randy Crawford.

Kim had previously released the track on 4 January 2013 as the lead single from her album Centre Stage through digital download under Decca Records.

However, the public didn’t respond well to her dodgy tuning and obvious nerves and celebrity WAG Nicola McLean tweeted:

nicola-mclean

“Omg I’m a fan of Kimberley but she sounds like a dying cat.”

Former Celebrity Big Brother housemate Jasmine Lennard is known for her caustic comments and she wasn’t holding back either, tweeting:

“I’m thinking Kimberley Walsh’s management team have their head in their hands right now. That was NOT a good idea.”

Other tweets from normal viewers included comments such as:

kimberley-walsh

Oops – Kimberley Walsh’s singing on the NTAs, just awful. Say what you like about X Factor but compared with that, Ella Henderson is class.

Well that was awful Kimberley Walsh, don’t ever do that again. #NTAs

Whenever I feel stressed from now on I’m just going to watch Kimberley Walsh at the NTAs. #cantgetworsethanthat

A source told The Sun that Kim is devastated about the reception she received and explained:

“She was pretty upset with how it went.”

Walsh has been tipped to represent the UK at Eurovision in Sweden later this year. The UK must have their hearts set on losing then!

Watch the video and tell us if you think she was all that bad in the comments section below….

15 Responses to “Kimberley Walsh ‘upset’ and humiliated after awful National Television Awards performance (VIDEO)”

1. Suze says:

Nothing wrong with that performance. A bit dull, yes, but not as bad as people are making out. She just sounded terribly nervous and tried to rush through the first half.

2. Wendy says:

I thought it was ok actually

3. Po says:

I thought it was ok was expecting a lot worse from everything I had heard! You can tell she was a bit nervous but she has a nice voice

4. Nessa says:

Nothing wrong with it, yes you can hear her nerves but it was ok for her first solo performance. It leans towards musical theatre, so it’s a marmite song you’ll either love it or hate it but she was definitely not off key. Think they could have picked a better song for her though.

5. Lynne Gray says:

I didnt think she was that bad nervouse yes but then its her first EVER solo performance least she sang it which is more that i can say for some people !!!!

6. kev says:

Get off the poor girls back! At least she was singing live unlike her fellow band mate Cheryl who mimes all the time I actually thought it was a fine and you could tell she was nervous definately and lets not forget she stunning

7. Jo 44 says:

Absolutely cringed watching poor girl struggle with performance! Gotta give it to her though for singing live ……not good

8. Jo 44 says:

9. Heather says:

I dont know what the big deal is, she sang it well I thought. Not the most exciting arrangement I grant you, but there was nothing at all wrong with her performance. Typical British press, they love to knock people down.

10. Max says:

Her voice is 100x better than Madame Cole’s, I thought her performance was very good actually, I’d love to see any of the other members of girls aloud hit those notes.

Also she would be excellent on Eurovision, definitely a top 5.

11. Mr Truth says:

What a pile of crap, it wasn’t a bad performance for her, she cannot sing so she did her best. She didnt even make the last 10 girls on popstars the rivals. she has been very lucky in life, she looks slightly over weight also in this video for a popstar. Cheryl also cannot sing amazing but she gets away with it coz she dances so good, great songs and looks fit. Nadine can sing amazing but no one likes her personality or cannot understand what she says in interview. The ginger one is ok, not bad singer but let’s face it no1 likes gingers! the blonde one sarah is a rubbish singer, not as bad as Kimberley but she looks better, again lucky girl. People are usually tone deff so they cannot hear all the bum notes that Kimberley doesn’t hit. At the end of the day it boils down to ‘you cannot polish a turd’

12. Greatkingrat says:

Like most others have said, a bit nervy but pretty good.
    Didn’t really like the arrangement, a bit slow and with long pauses so it didn’t really flow smoothly.
    I actually think Kimberley has a good vocal range although her accent does come through occasionally.
    She’s done well for herself, comes over as a genuine person and works hard, so I think she deserves her fame.

That was a decent enough performance for me (her first solo) and she’s only going to get better.

13. susy says:

Terrible terrible terrible, toe curlingly bad