Strictly Come Dancing 2012: Professionals to face axe? James and Ola Jordan are worried!

After yesterdays appointment of two new Strictly Come Dancing producers, bosses at the BBC family entertainment show have now revealed a huge re-jig in production to spice up the new series, including up to half of the professional dancers being sacked from the show.

According to the Daily Mail, this move comes in a bid to shake things up at the Saturday night dancing show in a bid to increase ratings, despite beating rival talent show, The X Factor, in ratings on several occasions last year.

It is expected that the more popular dancers such as Anton du Beke and Brendan Cole will remain on the books, but that the less popular and well-known dancers may be getting their P45′s.

This will cause a huge worry for the likes of married dancing couple James Jordan and Ola Jordan, who were both dropped from the live tour after what judges considered their most vocal and argumentative series to date, with both dancers hitting back at the judges opinions and voicing their own, strong opinions very loudly, on a regular basis.

A source of the show, due to start the new series in September, told the newspaper:“The line-up needs to be refreshed. But there’s a lot of discussion about exactly who will be invited back,”

“The professionals on the U.S. version of the show are better — their skill level is higher and they are much more daring with their routines, too.”

The source then went on to say that this decision has the backing of all the judges, well all the confirmed ones anyway, saying: “Len and Bruno are also judges on the American show, and they have been sending a clear message back that there should be improvements made.”

Here some of the opinions the judges have regarding James Jordan below:

Don't miss a story: Follow Unreality TV

5 Responses to “Strictly Come Dancing 2012: Professionals to face axe? James and Ola Jordan are worried!”

  1. Jane says:

    All they need to do is ditch Bruce and it’ll be fine

  2. susie says:

    The line up does not need a revamp. The producers need to realise that most viewers have their favourite professional(s) and they are the ones we initally tune in to watch, not the celebrities. The professionals are entitled to their opinions on the judges’ comments as of course they are the ones who have to encourage and enthuse their celebrity partners after their confidence has been crushed.

  3. Sarah says:

    Totally agree with susie, I watch mainly for the pro dancers what the producers at the BBC need to realise is that we are British not American and therefore what we want to see is different to the demands of those in the USA. What they also need to realise is that if they drop the popular well loved professionals like James and Ola then they will lose viewers like myself who have watched the show almost religiously since series 1. Brendan used to be outspoken but they never dropped him. It’s important for the pros to have their say because they know what it takes, they’ve all made it in the highly competitive ballroom and Latin world, which certain judges have not even attempted to do.

  4. Janet says:

    Why don’t they just leave the programme alone!If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!!!! I loved the dancers that were ditched last time,the new dancers are great but wish producers would stop trying to change something that just need any changes!

  5. Janet says:

    Oops Just DOES NOT NEED CHANGES I meant.

css.php