TOWIE: Mick Norcross reportedly quits show and bans filming from Sugar Hut, and Lucy Mecklenburgh and Mario Falcone could face the axe over Twitter rants!
As more and more stars of The Only Way Is Essex vent their frustrations over how the show is produced, one of its original, and favourite cast members, Mick Norcross, has reportedly quit.
According to the Sun newspaper Mick – who has featured in the hit ITV2 reality show since it first began despite his son, Kirk bowing out for three series’ last year – has not only dramatically walked out on the show, but has also banned any further filming from his Essex nightclub, Sugar Hut.
Since the show began millionaire Mick has hosted and entertained the Essex gang at the Sugar Hut, providing the perfect location to display the party goer’s natural habitat.
But now, according to the publication, Mick is fed up with all the ‘staged’ fights and rows taking place in his exclusive Brentwood nightclub and feels that show producers have lowered the tone of the place so much that it is putting regular guests off coming.
The alleged last straw for the club owner came after the series premier when show favourite Sam Faiers branded two of his Sugar Hut Hunnies, identical twins Amy and Sam Broadbent ‘slags’ after Amy confessed to ‘doing stuff’ with Lucy Mecklenburgh’s boyfriend, Mario Falcone.
Speaking to TV Biz, Mick explained: “My club is an upmarket venue where people come to drink champagne and feel spoiled.
“All these rows they keep filming don’t show the club in a good light and I’m worried it’s putting people off coming, which is the last thing I want.
“Allowing the Sugar Hut Honeys to be called slags is the final straw. I would never allow that to happen in my venue.
“I’ve had enough. I’m out.”
This news comes only a day after reports that Lucy Mecklenburgh and Mario Falcone are possibly facing the sack for their insinuation that the show we were told was only partly set up for our entertainment, was in actual fact totally scripted.
Lucy and Mario took to social networking site, Twitter, after Wednesday night’s episode, to express their anger at the shows alleged scripted argument between them and Lil Chris.
Mario came out and called the show producers out and out liars, explaining that he and Lil Chris had set up the row themselves, tweeting:
“The producers are still lying to you all… Coronation Street is more reality than TOWIE!” he said. “Oh me and Little Chris set up our argument in the first episode, producers knew but still put it in – all very scripted!”
Whilst Lucy’s more cryptic messages suggested that Lil Chris’ brother, Ben, had been made to lie to her about the recent cheating allegations about Mario, tweeting:
“Have u ever grassed on a best mate? I’m guessing No? if he’s a p***k enough to Grass he’s a p***k enough to LIE to get famous! Think about it.”
As well as adding: “Mario’s name has been tarnished because Towie producers didn’t do their research There is no proof!”
Show bosses did not take this well, and have reportedly demanded a meeting with the on-off-on again pair to decide their fate with regards to the show, which spurred rumours that the pair would now quit in a pre-emptive strike.
However, an insider told the publication: “They’ll be axed more like.
“This show is bigger than the pair of them. The meeting will be very interesting.
“He is right out of order calling producers liars.”
Watch Mick in action in the clip and leave your comments below:
The Only Way Is Essex continues on Sunday night at 10pm on ITV2/ITV2 HD.