The Voice 2013: Andrea Begley runs into problems when recording debut album!

andrea begley 2

Andrea Begley had a bit of a problem when she entered the studio yesterday, to begin work on her debut album.

The Voice winner is keen to get moving on her new music as soon as possible, in a bid to avoid going down the same road as former show star Leanne Mitchell, who suffered two embarrassing incidents when both her debut single and album both bombed and failed to make the UK top 40 charts.

Danny O’Donoghue told Andrea that she needed to get moving and pump her album out asap, while her name is still fresh in fans’ mind, but she hit a bit of a stumbling block this week…..and all because of hay fever.

It seems that Andrea’s allergies are causing some problems with her singing voice and she tweeted fans today saying:

andrea begley, danny o'donoghue

“I’m the only one not blowing my nose! This albums going to be a soundtrack for hay fever sufferers at this rate! Lol”

However, the Northern Irish singer was her own worst enemy and admitted that if she could, she’d be recording outside in the midst of all that pollen. She teased:

“Another beautiful day to be working on Music. Pity you can’t record outside :( #shouldbeinthepool”

The studio session seemed to go well for Andrea, despite her blocked nose and runny eyes and after her recording session she told fans:

“Leaving sunny Guildford, had a great time at the studio! ”

As well as recording new music, Begley is also keen to get showcasing it and this week she announced two headline shows. The 26 year old will perform in Belfast’s Ulster Hall on Sunday, 3 November 2013 and in Union Chapel, London on the 4th.

andrea begley

Andrea advertised the concerts on her Twitter page saying:

“Tickets are now on sale for two headline shows in November, can’t wait! ”

Do you think Andrea can avoid Leanne’s fate? Leave your comments below….

6 Responses to “The Voice 2013: Andrea Begley runs into problems when recording debut album!”

1. Patrick Wright says:

No, winners of the voice UK will not have successful careers in my opinion, and I think that is because the BBC audience in the timeslot are people that watch game shows and telli programs not the types go to concerts and buy albums. I’m not sure how to fix it but both winners so far will fail in the music industry.

2. AusVoiceFan says:

Andrea has a naturally beautiful voice. As for last year’s winner Leanne, I did not really like her voice – hitting notes is one thing, using that voice to produce beautiful resonance is another – which is something Andrea does. In my opinion, Leanne won as she clearly gave the best grand final performance with It’s a mans world – however, seemed like a bit of a one trick pony. I religiously watch this show from Australia and the amount of talent in the UK is mind blowing.

Andrea has an amazing voice, just hope she lets the raw come out as it did with your audition, I know she is amazingly accurate in pitch however, I was left wanting more with every performance following that as it is the accidental tremolo that caught my attention (and as Danny would say “made the hairs on the back of my neck stick up).

As for Patrick comment, that is HUGE assumption to make that both winners will fail in the music industry. You speak of it as if we should know your name? You are “failing” in the online industry as you have come across as a douche bag. You still have no idea if Leanne will come out with an amazing single and blow our minds. I appreciate all music and am hoping for both of them to succeed. Time slots are clearly irrelevant and it doesn’t seem as though you will provide any statistics for surveys you have done? Or been doing in your mind. I am not in the UK and make sure I watch it whenever it is out. I WILL buy her music as I am not a cheap a** and appreciate music.
    Anyhoo – chill out, speak facts if you will take your time to post a comment, and don’t discourage great artists (or artist’s fans). A for “fixing” it – no one has asked you to fix anything, maybe work on your attitude and pessimistic view – that would have helped you in this instance.

Hurry up release that album – Danny is right in saying that fans want it now – I am ready to buy it when you get it out! :)

Bless you, The Voice UK and all the great artists the UK has to offer. Leanne, keep your head up – if you want this – work hard and give us something mind blowing to listen to!

3. Dee_From_US says:

I watched the Voice UK on Youtube posts. I only kept piping in because I was impressed by her sound.

Let’s face it she hits Tom Jones’ heart strings each time – a great compliment from a respected, great singer who has heard all sorts thru the years.

IMO, I think she has a great pure sound – very promising. I hope if she wishes to pursue this that she has much success and not too chaotic for her.
    I will pay attention to her.

Team Dan had another great singer in Karl. The UK format of the show surely seems to leave potentially great talent at risk of not being truly heard.

4. loulou says:

I think Andrea has a better chance of success than Leanne who I also liked and think has has a very mixed experience that she has not deserved. Credit to her for keeping her dignity. Andrea seems driven, intelligent and interesting and has some good tracks of her own on her website. I’d buy an album like that, not keen on too many covers tho.

5. natz says:

i think she only won due to pity vote … yeh her voice is nice or whatever but shes boring def will not make it in the charts more like asdas bargain bucket or maybe just maybe a 1 hit wonder(doubtfully), where as leah mcfall will actually go some where her voice has so many levels its unreal. leah is current Andrea is not

6. Sorrel says:

I totally disagree with Natz. Andrea has a beautiful raw voice , where as Leah is just the same as everyone else. We need different.