leah mcfall will.i.am

The bookies have been backing her for weeks, Jessie J and Will.i.am both said they wanted her to win but tonight Leah McFall did not claim The Voice title.

Just a few minutes ago, as Leah stood beside Andrea Begley and Mike ward on the BBC stage, Holly Willoughby revealed that the Belfast born girl had not received the most public votes and that instead the record deal would be going to visually impaired singer Andrea Begley.

The result doesn’t seem to be a popular one and as the news broke, Will.i.am stormed off the set and wasn’t on stage with the rest of the coaches and contestants as Andrea performed for the last time.

Will took to Twitter to blast the result and when one fan talked about applying for the show so they could meet him, he simply replied:

will.i.am, leah mcfall

“Don’t.”

Will later added:

“You should feel the audiences vibration in the room tonigh after the publics vote…its #unexplainable…so sad…#perplexed”

“Andrea is amazing…#dontGETmeWRONG…but we know who has the incredible #voice”

It seems that many viewers agree with the Black Eyed Peas star and one fan tweeted:

“Omg cannot believe it. I love Andrea but Leah should have won. #thevoiceuk”

Another posted:

“Winner has fab voice but so out of date! wanted Leah to win :-(”

A third said:

danny andrea

“according to twitter the winner of #thevoiceuk should be #leah so who the hell voted for andrea if leah was favourite? I donĀ“t really know!”

Some fans did look on the bright side though and one mused:

“But, with show like this – as we see with The X Factor – Leah will go on to do amazing things. I can’t see it with Andrea #TheVoiceUK”

What did you think of the result reality TV fans? Should Andrea have won? Why didn’t Leah get the votes? As always, leave your comments below….

9 Responses to “The Voice 2013 results: Will.i.am storms off & Twitter erupts as Andrea Begley wins over Leah McFall”

1. kelly says:

Aww thanks for that. I dont usually leave comments but im so angry and annoyed and upset that i felt i had too. I also dont usually vote either and i rung and voted 3 times for leah its just left me absolutely gobsmaked and confused as even the bookies got it wrong and that very unusual. Shocking!!!

2. Phill says:

Get over it, bottom line it’s like all of these type of shows, it’s who has the most votes who wins, and you voted three times for your choice and she still did not get enough. Hey, I don’t even care I just had to sit through it so I CPI
    D watch the rugby a gain now I am sober

3. karen says:

No wonder you are of the same opinion as Will I Am you are just as rude just because not everyone agreed with you. When he and Jessie J are making comments about how the British public keep getting it wrong perhaps they should remember its the same public that have put them where they are and if they do not want to be on a show where the public vote the winning act then perhaps they should leave. At the end of the day they should take a note out of Tom Jones’ book when he said not everyone likes the same thing and everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you don’t like the show don’t watch it but don’t disrespect the winner.

4. Sara says:

People who prefer Andrea and Buble would not buy Jessie J or Will.I.Am’s music.

Everyone is different, I’m not getting anything twisted. Leah said herself she’s ‘Marmite’, I just prefer the love or loathe, not the mediocre, its much more exciting.

5. Lorna says:

Oh dear Karen, you are an idiot if you voted for Andrea Begley, its called THE VOICE not the disability. Such a shame and I feel really sorry for Andrea, she’s not stupid and she’s going to realise why people have voted for her and it will probably upset her. She will never know how she would have done if she was not blind.

6. Paul from Sweden says:

Well obviously you would know as you a big time artist. You crack me up. What a joke you are. How the hell would know exactly how she was going to sing it? Were you in the studio with them? I doubt it.

7. JOANJ says:

I think last nights vote was more against judges tactics than anything. Will.i.am should not have made comments about Mike during a final and im convinced he cost Leah votes although i do think Andrea’s performance was captivating and she ia a worthy winner as were all the finalists. Well done to you all!!!!

8. alex says:

I find all this negativity toward Andrea to be quite sad. Diferent people like diferent styles of music. There is definately a market for Andrea’s music. Will.i.am acted like a child who didn’t get his own way by storming of over Leah not winning the voice. Andrea melted people’s hearts with her beautiful voice, her positive attitude and her determination. Like it or lump it she got the majority vote. I for one won’t hesitate in buying her album when it’s released.

9. Isabella says:

Dont know who is stayin home on a Saturday night and voting on the voice, but what an absolute mess. Leah had the show won when she sang I will survive! So, were all the stay at homes drunk, drugged or just deaf. Absolute joke! All the contestants were good, but Leah was the STAR!!