The Voice: Leanne Mitchell admits preparations for live shows are ‘mad’!

Leanne Mitchell has admitted that things are getting a bit crazy, backstage at The Voice.

The 28 year old singer triumphed over glamorous granny Barbara Bryceland on Sunday night’s episode of the BBC show and after impressing Tom Jones with her amazing vocals on Lady Gaga’s ‘Edge Of Glory,’ she won a place on his team of five for the live rounds.

This weekend she will take on Who Knew by Pink for her live TV debut and admitted to her local newspaper that she has had a crazy week preparing for what’s to come tomorrow.

Speaking about her hectic schedule, the blonde beauty told The Lowestoft Journal:

“It is absolutely mad!’

Mitchell has already had her dress rehearsal on the main stage and has worked out camera angles, choreography and all the technical things that she needs to remember, as well as her song lyrics. She added:

“The preparations are good for the Saturday show. I have been on the stage for the first time. It is massive and amazing.

“I had my first rehearsal and have been practising using the monitors for the live shows, which is really different from what I have been used to so far.

“All this week we have been doing rehearsals, interviews, and wardrobe fittings. I have to admit I am not taking it all in.

“I am just trying to keep calm and think the live shows are just the same as the pre-recorded ones.”

The Voice returns tomorrow night at 7pm and we have revealed all the song choices for the show here. All ten Team Tom and Team Will finalists will perform and on Sunday night’s results show – at 7.25pm – one from each team will be eliminated by their coaches.

Do you think Leanne is safe from elimination? Leave your comments below…

9 Responses to “The Voice: Leanne Mitchell admits preparations for live shows are ‘mad’!”

1. Lisa says:

She’s one on my favs! If she sings like I know she can, she will certainly be safe!

2. Carina says:

Does anyone know where the dress Leanne was wearing tonight 28th was from, black and white dress

Cheers

3. Kirsty says:

I have googled everything imaginable does anyone know where the black and white dress from tonight’s show is from?

4. dawn says:

I realy need to know where leannes black and white dress is from anyone out there know?

5. Tim says:

She did look great in that dress. She’s a very attractive lady!

6. Nina says:

i also have googled every shop i can think of, please let me know if anyone knows where to buy the black and white dress, Leanne looked stunning !!

7. Chelle says:

For everyone asking about the black and white “illusion” colour-blocked dress Leanne wore during her first live round performance:

According to Leanne’s twitter replies to fans, it was a modified version of a River Island dress. After digging through their website, I found the original £40 (roughly $65 US) version: http://www.riverisland.com/Online/women/dresses/party–evening-dresses/black-colour-block-bodycon-dress-618930

Comparing before and after, it looks like the stylists added a thick vertical stripe of black fabric down the center of the white blocking at both front and back, plus some square pyramid studs around the front of the collar.

After alterations:
    http://i1.cdnds.net/12/17/618×687/realitytv_the_voice_2804_6.jpg (front)
    http://oi47.tinypic.com/2qn756u.jpg (collar)
    http://oi49.tinypic.com/121ve2w.jpg (back)

You’re welcome! I wanted to know too.

8. Kirsty says:

Omg I looked at that and thought they had just put strip on it !

9. Thembz says:

Thx Chelle! Got one today Instore coz they had run out online!