Vince Freeman has admitted that he is ‘livid’ about being told to tone down his voice, during his final performance on The Voice.

The talented singer lost out on a place in the live shows to quirky singer Bo Bruce in the battle rounds – which were taped in February but broadcast just last weekend – after his coach Danny O’Donoghue told him he needed to reign in the power in his voice.

During the pair’s rehearsals of their battle song ’With Or Without You’ by U2, Bo admitted that she felt Vince was ‘leading’ the duet and Danny told the barefoot singer that he wanted him to pull it back a little, or people would think he was ‘drown the girl out.’

However, despite heeding his coach’s advice, Danny still opted to bring Bruce through to the live shows and eliminated Vince from the competition, saying:

‘I’m basing this decision on who I think will go into the music business straight away and sell the most records.’

‘The person I will take to the live shows is Bo Bruce.’

Speaking to his local newspaper The Gloucestershire Echo, Freeman admitted that he is angry about how he was treated on the BBC show.

He explained:

“I am livid about it.

“I was put in a difficult situation – I could go against my mentor, knowing that I would not go through, or I could do as I was told knowing I was having my hands tied behind my back.”

Vince insisted that he knows Bo wasn’t to blame and has no problem with the aristocratic singer but he still feels like he was pushed into a corner on the series. He added:

“I don’t have a problem with Bo but I’m not happy about how the situation was manoeuvred.”

However, he has no regrets about taking part in the reality TV series, as if nothing else, he has definitely gained more exposure and has been offered more gigs because of it.

He continued:

“For me, The Voice has been a fantastic experience for getting my name out there.’

Meanwhile, some people have claimed that Vince was so upset with his coach, that when he was eliminated he refused to shake his hand as he left the stage. However, he has insisted that he didn’t even notice Danny reaching towards him and tweeted:

“Danny hand shake snub? I was heartbroken and wanted off stage hand on heart didnt see him #barefootsbest”

Do you think Vince was treated fairly on The Voice? Leave your comments below….

8 Responses to “The Voice: Vince Freeman is ‘livid’ with Danny O’Donoghue but has no problem with Bo Bruce”

1. Andy Mck says:

Vince was my favourite artist. There are other voices with more ‘range’, but vince has true soul. I was gutted with the decision. Even toned down I thought he was note perfect. I’ve gone to see him live too, and, let me tell you, he is incredible! I have no doubt he will sell loads of albums when the opportunity comes (I bought 2 on the night)

2. Wendy says:

It was obvious even before they sang that Danny intended to put Bo through over Vince especially when he told him to reign in his voice – he has every right to feel angry . Bo is a great singer and deserves her place but Vince was the better singer in my opinion if he so badly wanted to keep her he should have pitted her against someone weaker he’s shot himself in the foot and has the least credibility as a coach in my eyes now.

3. dollface says:

whopping 80 per cent of radio times readers voted that Bo should win, a sound decision. nothing is less cool than bad loser. tsk.

4. Will says:

Unlucky Vince. You’re out now, so show some class.

5. Fred says:

I would be angry too. Bo played the sad child as soon as she saw Vinces power at the piano. Danny was suckered. Vince proves that nice guys finish last and that TV is about stories and underdogs… Not THE voice as suggested. One of these artists will be big and release albums. It wont be Bo. Vince slready has 2 Albums and has won awards…

6. Random Stranger says:

Actually I thought Danny’s advice was pretty sound. Vince was awesome with the reigned-back sound to open the song, slowly putting in the power as the song progressed. The only thing missing was Danny’s backing when Vince did everything he was asked. My impression was the Vince win the battle on the night, but it didn’t matter as The Voice seems determined to go the XFactor route with untested youngsters rather than proven talent – Vince is far from the only one losing out. Does not mean Danny’s advice was wrong though.

Looking forward to big things from Vince though, so long as the press don’t try to drown the reputation of any Voice talents with petty bitter stories – that I suspect are mostly spin, giving the number showing up this week.

7. Bo Bruce says:

I think I’m great. Despite a lack of varied range. I’ve only sung two songs so far. And after the Voice no-one could be bored by my repetitive vocal abilities. Go me…

PS – My back hurts :(