Louis-Tomlinson-2260566

Louis Tomlinson had a tough old day at his latest football outing.

The One Direction star signed up to play in a charity match this afternoon, after being asked by Stilyan ‘Stan’ Petrov who is recovering from a recent cancer diagnosis.

Other celebrities on the pitch today included Westlife singer Nicky Byrne, Liverpool comedian John Bishop and Aston Villa star Shay Given but it was Louis that fell foul of one of the pro players on the other team.

Gabby Agbonlahor plays for Aston Villa as a striker and a winger, and was the team’s interim captain for part of the 2011–12 season.

He probably thought that Tomlinson was fair game, after all he recently signed up for Doncaster Rovers a few months ago and will make his first appearance with the team later this month.

Gabby went in to tackle Tommo on the pitch today and his move resulted in the star lying on the ground in agony. His fans were less than pleased and bombarded a fake account which is attributed to the footballer with hate and death threats.

One fan tweeted:

“@gabby_10 This guy hurt Louis knee. I shall hurt your face. I better hear that you apologized or I will find you, and I will kill you.”

Another posted:

” @gabby_10 You’re really not a good person, louis came to a charity game and it took you hurt him. You’re horrible.. die”

A third said:

“@gabby_10 I better hear that you apologize or I will find you, & I will kill you””

You can see the after-effects of Agbonlahor’s challenge below…

However other footballer fans are already heralding the Villa man as a hero and one tweeted:

“@Louis_Tomlinson LMAO What a legend Gabby lad!!! Even funnier than the smashing is the fan girls crying!”

Another teased:

“BREAKING: Gabriel Agbonlahor is being questioned by the police for assault on a Woman named ‘Louis Tomilson’ during a charity match.”

Louis hasn’t made a comment on the incident as yet, but we’re pretty sure he wouldn’t want his fans getting so upset on his behalf.

He isn’t the first celeb to get injured in a charity match after all. Olly Murs took quite the kicking the last time he played in a similar game.

Despite the injury, we’re still pretty pleased with Louis and proud that he turned up to support such a worthwhile cause. What do you think One Direction fans? Leave your comments below…

11 Responses to “Gabby Agbonlahor gets death threats after injuring One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson at charity football match!”

1. kevin says:

As if One Direction fans are sending death threats to Gabby Agbonlahor for injuring Louis! They wonder why people hate them, disgusting!!!

2. Wendy says:

The real fans must be so embarrassed and horrified by these nutcases !

• Mallory says:

The real fans are embarrassed and horrified!
      It’s terrible that he got injured but sending death threats to the person is going WAY too far! They just need to take a second to calm down

3. Mike S says:

I’m a Directioner, and yes I get very embarrassed when other Directioners send out hate tweets. Those types of tweets are not what our fandom is about, and there is absolutely no excuse for that type of behavior.

4. Sara Mora says:

I’m a directioner, and i’m very disappointed in those Directioners. I don’t care if he did it on purpose or whatever you wanna call it. It’s okay it’s football who doesn’t get hurt during a game. As long as Louis is getting better It’s fine. So all of you “Directioners” or “Fans” should really stop with this hate.

5. Emily says:

Of course fans are going to be upset about this. I’m a directioner and yes I’m upset that Louis got hurt, he’s my favorite but it is disappointing to see other directioners saying things like this. It’s a sport your going to get hurt, I would know. I played basketball, tennis and I’m a equestrian. I get hurt all the time. All that matters is that he gets better and its nothing to serious. I just want him to get better. That’s all us directioners want.

6. whatever says:

I hope that any directioner will call out those moronic directioners who send death threats to anyone on behalf of the boys.
    They give us a bad name, and it even paints the boys in a bad light.

There are so many perfectly normal fans, those idiotic ones are really starting to get on my nerve tbh.

7. Victoria says:

People get hurt in soccer(football) all the time. I’m a directioner and yeah I love Louis and I hate that he got hurt but it’s not Gabby’s fault. It’s no ones fault. It is just the way the game is, the way any sport is. You have to go in knowing the possibilities of getting hurt, I’m sure Louis knew the possibilities and sadly he got hurt. I hope that what exactly happened isn’t really critical. Also I hope that he heals soon. Please everyone don’t send hate to Louis or Gabby, it is disrespectful and uncalled for. It is not going to change what happened.

8. Wonton says:

This is not what people aren’t understanding football is a physical sport. Just as violent as American football. And please that petite hit is nothing compared to the real matches so believe me the boy is fine.

9. directoner_101 says:

Poor Louis i feel bad for him I reALLY LOVE HIM BUT THEY SHOULDNT TRHEATHEN GABBY Agbonlahor

10. directoner_102 says:

well i feel bad for him he must be very hurt :’( hope he going to be okay i love him so much LOUIS MY BABY :)