Mel B joins Gary Barlow, Tulisa, Louis Walsh at X Factor Manchester auditions – upset about Diamond Jubilee concert
Mel B has admitted that she would love to have been able to perform at the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Concert last night.
The former Spice Girls singer admitted on Twitter that she would have bee delighted to join Gary Barlow, Cheryl Cole, Elton John, Stevie Wonder and Robbie Williams on the lineup for the celebrations held outside Buckingham Palace last night.
It was reported earlier this year that the Spice Girls had been approached about performing at the concert, however Victoria Beckham refused to take part.
Mel B, Melanie C, Geri Halliwell and Emma Bunton were all said to be keen to take part, but Posh Spice was reticent, because of her thriving fashion empire.
One insider told The Sunday Mirror:
“She has a very small team that she is hands-on with all day, every day. Every spare minute she has is spent with her children.”
Mel obviously wasn’t pleased with her old pal and tweeted dlast night:
‘makes me sooo sad spice girls wasn’t part of the queens jubilee,break my heart big time,i was so up for it,watched some of it on tv,amazing!’
Mel C seemed upset too and wrote:
“Bit miffed I’m not down at Buckingham Palace x (sic”)
But maybe it was a good thing that they weren’t there, as Mel B has a big day ahead today and at least she was able to get a good night’s sleep last night, unlike permanent X Factor judge Gary.
This afternoon the mum of three will join Barlow, Tulisa and Louis Walsh at auditions for the ITV show in Manchester.
She seems excited to be taking the spot that her old bandmate Geri Halliwell occupied in Liverpool last month and admitted:
‘Being a Northern girl I believe there’s lots of amazing talent in the North of England. Go the Northerners and don’t let me down! I am coming to find the winner! ‘
We will be bringing you pictures and videos from the auditions later today, so check back soon.