one direction nrj awards 2 2013

The lads of One Direction have been defending their song lyrics, after some nay sayers claimed they were too sexual and ‘inappropriate’ for young fans.

Some journalists have claimed that the words in some of 1D’s biggest tunes are ‘sexually suggestive’ which is not appropriate for their legions of teenage supporters.

Some of the lyrics picked out included:

“Oh tell me tell me tell me how to turn your love on / You can get get anything that you want / Baby just shout it out shout it out / Baby just shout it out… If you don’t wanna take this slow / If you just wanna take me home” (“Kiss You”)

“The one that I came with / Didn’t know how to move / The way that you let your hair down / I can tell that you do” (“C’mon C’mon”)

“I wanna be first, yeah / Wanna be the first to take it all the way like this” (“Last First Kiss”)
“So baby if you say you want me to stay / Stay for the night / I’ll change my mind” (“Change My Mind”)

harry styles louis tomlinson

Louis Tomlinson has defended the lyrics and their teams’ songwriting skills and hit out saying:

“The thing is with the way the lyrics read, they read how you want them to read. If you want to read them with a dirty mind, fair enough. “But if not, it can mean a completely different thing.”

Harry Styles backed up his pal and continued:

harry-louis

“I think you read into it what you will. We are 18, 19 and 20-year-old boys. The fans seem to like it, so it’s all good.”

Do you think 1D are too suggestive? Would you like them to clean up their act? Leave your comments below….

10 Responses to “One Direction 2013: Louis Tomlinson & Harry Styles insist they’re not too sexual!”

1. Dacia says:

Noo they r not too suggestive!!! The cmon cmon lyrics, thats for dancing, the last first kiss lyrics, that means to take it all the way to a kiss!!

2. Lennon Crosbie says:

aha really us girl directioners actually like the way they put it kind off dirty;)just let them do their thing?its not a crime

3. Kylie says:

Nu-uh they are not at all suggestive, thats the way they are! And Louis is right, its actually according to HOW the people take their lyrics, and come on, they are teenagers! And almost 20, and its not a crime! I like it, and i’m like 15, so no big deal!

4. Tiegan says:

WOW is all i can say, are you joking? i can of 5 songs in under 30 seconds worst then one direction songs like no joke! these boys/lads whatever you want to call them are 19 to 21 year old MALES!! like really who would think they would sings about sunshines and rainbow they are doing what they love and people have to judge their lyrics, now that is low even for press people like com on get a life. these words/lyrics are nothing compare to half the things that go on around schools and teenagers if you really thing it is that suggestive don’t let your children listen to their music. mean it is simple I’m 13 and i now how simple it is you don’t like it don’t listen to it!!

5. saba Stylinson says:

Noooooooo never change 1D coz we like you da way u R

6. Misha says:

HAHAHAHAHA. “Not appropriate for their legions of teenage supporters.” … Oh my if these critics actually KNEW what was said in highschools…

Other popular songs that teens listen to are much more inappropriate but they don’t get bashed by critics because the artists are in their late 20s.

These lyrics are TRUTHFUL lyrics. These are things that actually happen in a teens life. It is not like the boys are introducing us to anything we are not already aware of.

And ya, if you are listening to it with a dirty mind it can sound dirty. But if you aren’t a teen and you’re, say, like 8 the lyrics do not say anything graphically explicit. No swear words no details.

The boys lyrics can mean anything you want them to mean. AND THEY ARE IN NO WAY TOO SEXUALLY SUGGESTIVE FOR TEENS.

These critics are trying way too hard to bubblewrap their kids.

7. Mollie says:

No one should change 1direction because all their fans will hate other boy bands because 1 direction are the best and can’t be changed. So leave them the way they are and no one should say no to any one direction member because they exist and all the fans believe in every thing one direction say and do. So don’t annoy one direction they are perfect just the way they are. So be quite about one direction.

8. TheOneWhoIsTheOne says:

Their songs are fine lol…Yah I completely agree with Lou and Haz, I mean you read them the way you WANTED to read it…

9. sheinalys says:

No i think there music it fine.I love it i dont see whats wrong with it.You guys just took too much time in looking at the lyrics and having a dirty mind

10. MamaD says:

Well at least they aren’t singing about blowing whistles…