louis arm

Louis Tomlinson’s mum has cast some light on a recent picture of her son, which showed him raising his middle finger to a crowd of fans during a shopping trip in Canada.

The One Direction star had been strolling around Montreal with his girlfriend Eleanor Calder and the pair looked thoroughly loved up in most of the pictures released, however at the end of the trip, as he and his girlfriend got back into their waiting car Louis was photographed looking rather irate and he later flipped the bird to the crowd.

Some onlookers claimed at the time, that the ‘Little Things’ singer was furious after some fans shouted abuse at Eleanor, calling her his ‘beard’ and insinuating that he is gay, however others claimed the rude gesture was directed at the paparazzi.

Louis told his mum the real reason though and Johannah Darling tweeted fans this week and revealed that her famous son definitely wasn’t upset with fans. She wrote:

louis tomlinson eleanor calder

“I text him this am asking what had happened. His reply: It was not at fans but at men shouting degrading comments ;( xx”

One Twitter user replied:

“The are news reports & fan speculation that it was aimed his fans-including the fans drinking the koolaid +”

But Johannah insisted:

” No it really wasn’t! I don’t condone giving ‘the birdie’ but it must be so hard when folk are so rude to you! X”

Not everyone believes Louis’ mum though and one fan posted on Unreality TV saying:

“He and his mommy are LIARS..nothing like this happened..To avoid any future problems he should stay out of montreal because next time he’ll know what an insult is..They won’t be chanting their love for him he’ll know hate..”

louis eleanor

Another posted:

“This fame has gone to his head! He has young fans and what kind I example is that to them? He could have handled tht in a much mature way! All of one direction are turning into these hard core tattoo boys and its pissing me off!! What happened to the nice gentlemen from England/Ireland? They think their fame will last forever but directioners are having enough! With drama in the fandom and drama with these boys showing immature sides! I have had enough with this boy band! I hope Liam gets away from it because he lost a very special girl because of it!”

What do you think Directioners? Watch Louis and Eleanor together and leave your comments below…

19 Responses to “One Direction: Louis Tomlinson’s mum reveals he flipped the bird to men who were being abusive to him & Eleanor Calder!”

1. Katie says:

Wow and they call themselfs fans? Hah!!

Come on people, I think if men where shouting degrading comments at Eleanor he had a right to be angry.

Hell he’d have a right to be angry at fans if they were doing anything stupid to.

And he could of done worse, it’s just a middle finger, people use it all the time when they’re pissed of.

So he was angry?

So what?

One of the fans acted like it was the worse thing ever…

2. jamjo says:

Whatever…this guy and his mom are a joke..as a montrealer ask me If I will buy another ticket to see them when you have a member giving us the finger or having a face of someone who doesn’t want to be there on a stage in front of you I’ll wait for Harry…Maybe modest should be telling Louis instead of riding harry coattail from behind maybe he should become a spectator of Harry and learn how to conduct himself either way Never again..

• whatever says:

While you seem a lot madder about it than I am, I get where you are coming from.
      I think that the boys are role models and that he should have handled the situation a lot better (whatever it was: fan mobbing, larry shippers or lewd comments).

I think Louis is losing his humour and becoming angrier, he seems to be losing his temper to easely (whether it’s his way of dealing with TW, the shippers -though I get his frustration- or this finger…). It makes him seem less humble & nice. It doesn’t have anything to do with getting tattooes, but while some of the boys seems as gracefull and gratefull as at the beginning, others seem to have developped a bit of an attitude.

When fans are complaining that it’s all about Harry and Niall (that there are so many more pics of them or whatever else), I feel like they refuse to aknowledge something currently very obvious: Niall & Harry interact a lot more with fans, whether it’s about signing stuff, taking pics or tweeting. They don’t complain and they seem to go out of their way to be nice to fans quite often.

To be fair: Zayn seems to have issues dealing with fame & racism, so I can’t be mad at him when he chooses to stay away from twitter or huge fans gathering. I can’t imagine what it must be like.

I love 1D, but I can see that Louis needs to manage his anger better and connect with fans more. In the long run, one tweet about “feeling grateful blablabla” once in a blue moon won’t cut it. But it needs to be genuine, he needs to find again that joy that he used to have.

I hope that, in addition to a sport coach, they will add a psychologist of sort, I’m sure it would help the boys finding their balance.

3. jamjo says:

another big joke here is the people defending this guy are in other countries..uhhh hello how do you know what happened….I was born and live here trust me there was no men there yelling at eleanor…there were fans yelling to Louis but anyways on a lighter note The rest of the boys were amazing…it just sucks that he is going to bring them down..I am hoping Harry goes a little solo when they are on their next break..And no I am not a Larry shipper I wouldn’t wish that nastiness on anybody especially Harry Styles..and I loved louis at the beginning but in the lasy year he’s become a joke..I get you Max george I totally get it..

• Namra says:

He didn’t ask to be the role model of young people. Stop the hate please. None of you are aware of the real situation and are just being nasty about it. Flipping someone the bird is not a big deal. Get over yourselves and stop blaming Louis and hating. Peace…..

• LMF says:

Your comment amuses me. As your comment at another part of this site said:

“I heard the video coverage from that and nobody was calling eleanor a beard they mobbed the taxi he was in and chanted his name..”

You were not there either. You might as well have been in another country. You know I have a video recorder too…and when people are chanting or screaming I can’t hear on the video what people two over from me were saying. Let alone, the person next to me.

I noticed you also neglected an earlier Post only two before you posted the above from Paula that said:
      “Actually I was there, a girl called Eleanor a beard, then Louis kissed Eleanor in the car and a girl yelled “Louis why are you kissing your fake girlfriends!?” Lets just say he got pissed.”

How Convenient you just missed that or ignored it.

I guess since you are a Montrealer, you know what every Montrealer thinks and says. Nobody would say such things. Not a hater amongst you… except you of course.

Being a fellow Canadian, I find your posts rather insulting and embarrassing actually.

Bottom Line: People are people, nobody is perfect and that is NORMAL. There are nasty people out there, and I think that you are one of them.

4. Damaris says:

Please they realy call them self fans, come on!!!!! If they are saying stupid things and saying degrading to her of cures he is right to be angry ,actually I thing that its cute at all but please is just a middle finger , everyone has showed the middle finger I mean it is not a Crime.

5. Isa says:

• Hazel says:

I totally agree with you. I mean just leave him alone. It’s his life. You don’t have a say in it and everyone changes every single day so off course he’s not gonna be the same. And for crying out loud, how could you not see why he wouldn’t be mad? Wether it was about Eleanor or the guy that was obviously not a fan, whoever it was, they were obviously being rude to louis. And just imagine being a popstar, people sending you hate all the time, off course it’s gonna be hard to stay the happy-go-lucky guy he used to be and to make matters worse, people are hating on his girlfriend. How could you say that louis and his mom are liars? What do you know? Where you there? Did you really see everything? If the answer is no then you have no right to say that cuz that’s just makes you the liar one. Just let him express himself and be himself. And if you don’t like him, then that’s fine but don’t disrespect or say shit about him, his girlfriend or his family. Leave him alone and let him be happy.

6. Isa says:

I think everyone should just leave Louis and his girlfriend alone! I bet any guy would get amid if someone was saying rude stuff to his girlfriend!and btw they are not boys anymore they are men everyone grows up and chances you’re an idiot if you think someone is going to stay the same! And if one direction grows up and gets tattoo and girlfriends well then they do! You can expect then to stay single their whole life! And if they want to get tattoos well then let them you are not their mommy’s and daddy’s to tell otherwise! Its their bodies let them do whatever they want with them!! We are fans! We are here to support them not judge them on every single move they make! Yeah they are our boys but for crying out loud let them have a life! They can’t be only doing the things we of prove of! They are grown men they know what is best for their lifes! And we are no one to tell them what is best for them!!

7. jamjo says:

Uhh I’m sorry Isa but you were not there if he and his beutiful wonderful girlfriend want to be left alone then quit the band and go live happily ever after and go get a everyday job..If not when some people are spending the money they are on this arrogant a#$ well guess what expect to be fangirled especially if your going to go parading around the city otherwise go hole urself up in a hotel somewhere…out of my city hopefully.Nobody was saying rude things to his girlfriend yes they were calling out his name declaring their love to him… and some wanted to get their attention by saying her NAME ELEANOR nothing else…..like I said Harry is already preparing for the inevitable.. get out while you can…and I want to see these two parading around then but of course they probably won’t be together anymore if their are no cameras..

8. Jamie says:

Everybody needs to calm down! It’s not like Louis bloody threw a bomb at you or anything! All it is, was a middle finger! I bet every single person in the world has given someone the middle finger! Ok, fair enough I was’t there but I highly doubt that Louis would stick the finger up at fans for no reason! He probably had every reason to be mad! Imagine if you had a gorgeous boyfriend who you loved so much and then these ‘fans’ come out and call your boyfriend gay and you a beard. Would you not expect him to get mad? That’s if it was the Larry shippers, if it was the men shouting degrading comments then he STILL has every right to be angry! Please just leave him alone! You say that he has become less humble, well guess whos fault it is? The haters, the Larry shippers, the fans who hate who he’s become. People grow up so get used to it!

9. penny says:

louis souldn do that to fan i tought thay were all nice but now thay all got tattoo

10. penny says:

louis souldn do that to the fan i tought thay weere all nice boys but now thay got tattoo

11. Jane says:

Look Louis clearly was trying to protect his girlfriend from the verbal abuse she was getting from someone in the crowd, and yeah you may not have heard something but he clearly did, and that’s what got him angry, he isn’t one to flip the bird when ever he feels like it, you’re clearly forgetting that he’s only human and everyone is bound to get angry once in their lives and he was being protective is that so wrong, being a good model isn’t just going disappear because he flipped a finger, in all Louis is actually a decent person who loves his family, girlfriend and band mates, and I think that makes him a good enough person, it’s not like we see publications of Louis getting drunk, or taking drugs or anything else as bad, and has he hardly ever said or done anything bad to his fans before, if you we’re a true directioner the last thing you would be wishing is for any of the band members to become solo you should love them all equally, they are after all in a band

12. Toshia says:

There was no one shouting things at his “gf” There were people there that verified this. I don’t blame him for being upset at being mobbed. I would have probably done the same thing. The “gf” has never had any problems before with the attention so why start acting like it bothers her now??? He’s probably tired of having to put on this act and pretend to be something and someone that he’s not. Just let him be himself and things would be a lot different.

13. Eliza Burks says:

I believe Louis should not have done that, even if “fans” or other pedestrians passing by we’re shouting things at either him or Eleanor. There are better ways to handle standing up for yourself and your girlfriend other than hand gestures. Louis is a part of the world’s biggest boy band, and he knew what was in store for him when he started the road to fame. The fans make the band, including himself, successful and they are the sole reason he is riding high and is famous. He should be appreciative fans dedicate their lives and time to him and the band. Because he is living the life he is because of the fans. If a fan was waiting to hopefully see then for hours, and then Louis finally appears but completely ignores then and walks right by, how is that not dostesectful to the fans? As for Eleanor, she knew exactly what he was getting into when she chose to date Louis. They both chose this lifestyle. She knew she would receive this sort of attention. I love One Direction and all of their work, but they should have more chances for fans to interact with them. They should do more meet and greets, or set aside time just for fans. I understand they are busy, but after all, THE FANS are what keeps them going.

Also, I do understand his anger towards getting mobbed and having a constant crowd around him and his girlfriend. It would get very irritating to be constantly under limelight. However, there are more proper ways to address it. Like adding more security, putting up baracades. Or simply, not going to a crowded spot in a city. No need to shoot the birdie to anyone ever. Whether it was towards fans, or other adult males, it was rude and there are younger children present who spend a lot of their time idolizing the boys. I feel bad for Louis and Eleanor, but in the end, they were fully aware of the position of fame they took on.

14. Ivy says:

Am I the only one who noticed that that’s not Louis’s arm? It doesn’t have the same tattoos and unless he got some new ones it looks completely different except for the bird tattoo. ???