Praise the Lord! Konnie Huq sacked from the Xtra Factor!
Our dreams have come true! Konnie Huq is reportedly set to be sacked from The Xtra Factor..
The former ‘Blue Peter’ presenter was brought in to replace Holly Willoughby when she left ITV2 show earlier this year but her wooden presenting style was not popular with viewers and she is said to have angered music mogul Simon Cowell by making a series of embarrassing blunders.
A production source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: “Simon Cowell hasn’t been impressed and it seems certain she will be axed. Every week there seems to be a new mistake.”
Meanwhile, thousands of viewers have reportedly called for the return of Holly Willoughby, while a number of “sack Konnie” threads have also appeared on entertainment websites by furious fans who don’t want her to front next year’s series.
Unreality TV readers on Twitter last night joked that they would organise a ‘whip round’ and offer the money to Holly, if she would agree to return to the show.
Konnie’s latest gaffe came on Saturday night (11.12.10) when she said to finalist Cher Lloyd minutes after she was booted off the show: “What a night it has been for you, a night of dreams.”
An official ‘Xtra Factor’ spokesman confirmed no decisions have been made for the next series of the ITV2 show.