The Unreality TV X Factor chart – week 8
Well, tonight’s X Factor was an epic battle, was it not? As some contestants’ fortunes improved, some lost ground. Severely.
I’m about to tell you who I thought were the best and the worst performers of the night were, and I want you to tell me what you thought of tonight’s show.
- Alexandra Burke – Now the frontrunner in the show, Alex has proven she’s a versatile performer, confident, sexy and most importantly a powerful singer. In fact, she’s such a brilliant performer, Cowell must be rubbing his hands together in glee at the number of records this girl can sell. Watch as he starts bigging her up at every opportunity.
- JLS – Yes, I know I should have Ruth in here, but her slurring bothers me. JLS on the other hand were relatively slick tonight and Cookie/Aston is showing his prowess as an excellent lead vocalist. They’re still a bit too bland for my tastes – but I didn’t have as big a problem with their first song as Simon and Cheryl did.
- Ruth Lorenzo – There’s no doubt about it, Ruth is hot stuff, and she can rise to the occasion when the song demands it. But on the bad side, she mumbles when she sings low, and that’s not acceptable in a pop star. Also, she’s made no effort to improve her diction as the weeks went on. She’s a good performer, but her singing leaves me underwhelmed.
- Eoghan Quigg – The Quiggmeister was rubbish tonight, even attracting a mediocre comment from Simon. In both performances, he looked shifty and nervous and his vocals were weak both times. In fact, the second song was a complete whitewash, because he was drowned out by the chorus, and surrounded by dancers taking care of the performing part for him.
- Diana Vickers – I can’t work out if I’ve crossed the line between loving and hating Diana. In the first four weeks, she was my favourite contestant until the laryngitis thing. She’s been back three weeks now, and not a single performance has impressed me. I’ve been optimistic until now, hoping there’s be a return to form, but Diana’s struggling now, and I’ve just about given up hope.
So, basically what I’m saying is Alexandra wiped the floor with everyone tonight. Who impressed you tonight? Share your own chart here.