walks like rihanna the wanted

The Wanted have opened up about their feud with One Direction and insisted that the whole thing started over one silly, misunderstood comment.

The British / Irish boyband have been at war with the X Factor stars for what feels like forever, though things have certainly escalated of late with Max George suggesting that they sort out their differences in a boxing ring sooner rather than later.

However, in a new interview with Heat magazine the hunk insisted that he never intended to go up against or put his band in rivalry with 1D and explained that the whole feud started with a statement he stupidly made in an interview more than two years ago.

George explained:

“I made a comment ages ago that was completely misread. I said, “Where are they now?” because it was during the transition period of them coming off The X Factor and releasing a single.”

the wanted

Max insisted that the question was an innocent one and not intended to be mocking or malicious, however it was interpreted differently by One Direction stars Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik and he continued:

“I was just wondering where they were, not making a dig. That comment got blown out of proportion, then Louis said he had no respect for us. Then Zayn started being weird on Twitter.

Tom Parker supported his bandmate and admitted:

“It all escalated.”

Max wants to sort the issues out face to face – even though he claims that 1D chickened out of meeting with them when both bands were in America last December – and he told the magazine that he thinks it’s time to put the war of words behind them, especially as their young fans are all getting so involved.

The ‘Walks Like Rihanna’ singer said:

“I think we’ll sort it out when we see them. I think it should stop, because the fans are getting riled. A lot of their fans are younger than ours, and when you see a 12 year old arguing with a 21 year old and the kind of language that’s used… you don’t want to be the cause of it.”

Max insisted that he wants to put the whole matter to bed and added:

one direction our moment

“Well and truly. The only thing that p***ed me off was when Zayn said something that upset my nan. He said I had a certain something. [Zayn called Max “chlamydia boy” last year.]”

We think the bands should sort this whole thing out sooner rather than later, or they are going to face repeats of today’s grim Twitter trends more and more frequently as their fanbases continue to clash online.

What do you think? Leave your comments below….

8 Responses to “The Wanted’s Max George wants to sort out One Direction feud but he’s still blaming Zayn Malik & Louis Tomlinson!”

1. Laura is an idiot says:

Calm ur tits! U sound desperate rather than supportive!

• Hannah says:

Who? If your talking about me than sorry it just really pisses me off that all this hate goes to the wanted when its not their fault.

2. Amy says:

They never said yous were all 12,honestly some folk are so one sided.

3. Amy says:

Well said!

4. Amy says:

So Zayn calling max chlamydia boy isnt a “cheap shot” then?hahah

5. Emilyyy says:

I think its just stupid tbh. Yes I am a big TW fan. I like 1D’s music but I don’t like their attitude – Thats why I much prefer TW. He didn’t say 1D’s fans were all 12 year olds – he just implied that the majority of their fans are younger than TW’s fans – which is true. 1D didn’t need to start a twitter war and it really was pathetic. As for TW keep bringing this up – The media keep asking questions about it. Tbh 1D were not very professional and should have not taken it public getting all the fans involved and starting fan wars with #thingsmorepopularthanthewanted, #thingsmorewantedthanthewanted and #thingsmorepopularthanonedirection. At the end of the day, some fans find it personal and upsetting and lets not forget the band members have feelings too and these ‘wars’ are not exactly lifting their joy.

6. Gloria says:

This whole thing is stupid and immature. What with the unecessary fight. 1D, forget about defending and TW, you guys are older than 1D in terms of age, so act like one…and like i said, this whole thing is stupid. We just want music.

7. Gloria says:

People people, this whole thing is stupid and immature…and agree, one will defintly support one’s fav band whether their right or wrong and focus on the negetives of the other band. What with the unecessary fight. 1D, forget about defending and TW, you guys are older than 1D in terms of age, so act like one. That way this whole shit will die down…and then 4gotten…and like i said, this whole thing is stupid. We just want music.