Christopher Maloney has insisted that he missed last night’s X factor final because he was unwell, but some sources are telling a different story.

It was reported yesterday that the 34 year old had stormed out of rehearsals for last night’s finale after being given only one line to sing in an ensemble performance with his fellow contestants.

An X Factor official told Unreality TV at the time:

‘Chris decided he no longer wanted to be part of The X Factor Final and has gone back to Liverpool.’

However he didn’t go back to Liverpool and after Twitter came alive last night with reports that he had been abusive towards Carolynne Poole and definitely less than sober earlier in the day, Chris apparently returned to the Manchester Central Arena and asked to be included in the group performance after all.

However the singers were already on stage and on being told that it was too late to join them, it’s claimed that he stormed off for the second time in one day.

Last night Maloney claimed that he missed the show due to a sore throat and tweeted:

“thank u @TheXFactor had a wonderful Time. an amazing experience. love u all. sorry I had a sore throat an doctor signed me off. good luck x”

This morning he added:

“good morning guys, still got a really bad chest infection. :-X still on antibiotics. love u all thank u so much 4 all ur love and support xx”

In between those two tweets there was a whole flurry of messages, attacking country singer Poole, accusing Gary Barlow and The X Factor of taking part in a witchhunt against him and you can read all of them here.

However, some fans have suggested that Chris could be lying as he certainly wasn’t sick as he hit gay bars around Manchester all over the final weekend.

It was reported that he went to Via bar in the city’s popular Canal Street area on Friday night to perform karaoke with drag queens, despite being told to stay in the hotel by show bosses.

A Twitter user posted a picture of the Liverpudlian in another gay club – Cruz 101 – reportedly taken on Saturday night after he was eliminated from the series and the caption read:

“Poor Chris Maloney has a sore throat after his bender in cruz”

Too sick too sing, not too sick to party it seems!

Meanwhile, former X Factor finalist Jonjo Kerr has become the latest star to hit out at the scouse performer.

The soldier and singer made it onto the live shows last year and got close to Carolynne Poole when they both attended bootcamp and judges houses together.

He has perhaps been talking to his pal about the incident that reportedly occurred behind the scenes yesterday because he tweeted Maloney this morning saying:

“@ChrisMaloney77 your a disgraceful human being talking to women the way you have! You should be greatfull to be in that position you mug!”

“I KNOW for a fact he has been vile towards females! No excuse! Horrible man x”

He added:

“he has been very nasty and upset a friend of mine (who’s female) he’s a horrible man x”

“It’ll probably be swept under the carpet? He should be kicked off the tour #DisgustingCreature that’s no way to behave? x”

“ranting and raving at females calling them horrible names! #DisgustingCreature! Hate him now”

It’s been reported this morning that Chris’ place on tour could now be in jeopardy because of his actions, even though it was confirmed that he topped the public vote for the first seven weeks of the series.

What do you think of it all? Is Chris as guilty as he’s being portrayed? We want to hear your thoughts in the comments section below….

23 Responses to “X Factor 2012: Christopher Maloney insists he missed final because of chest infection – Jonjo Kerr blasts him for being abusive to Carolynne Poole!”

1. Tahaweh says:

Well, I have always thought there was a mean side to him. I think unless he signs something to say he won’t
    behave in an abusive way, but how on earth can you stop
    abusive behaviour. It is impulsive, I do think though
    he should not go on the tour, as he could cause real
    upset with people and make life uncomfortable when it should be fun.

2. francisc says:

carolynne is a lady

3. Tim says:

He thinks he the star of the show. Can’t take losing as well. Reports about hes a strangler could also be true since hes so abusive to carloynne and women in general. HEY MALONEY FANS HOW MUCH PROOF DO YOU NEED TO PERSUADE YOU THAT THIS GUY IS A WASTE OF TIME. DESPITE YOUR LOYALTY (WRITING 100′S POSTS IN HIS DEFENCE WHEN CLEARLY HES A DIVA AND ALSO BLASTS GARY WHO AS DEFENDED HIM AND YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW HIM.) THIS IS HOW HE REPAYS YOU. ARE YOU GOING TO FILL ME UP WITH SOME STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES IN HIS DEFENCE THAT YOU ARE HOPING IS TRUE AND CLEARLY THOUGHT AND MADE UP BEFORE YOU EVEN WROTE YOUR POST.

He might have blown his chance of getting any record deal now. There is always a clown in xf every year but Chris is different. He was n’t bullied by the press he only made out he was because thats his only defence available to him.

CAROLYNNE WAS RIGHT XF CAN MAKE MONSTERS BUT CHRIS ALOREADY A MONSTER. GOOD GRIEF I WAS RIGHT THE CRUISE SHIP TURNED INTO THE FAMOUS TITANNIC BUT ITS ALREADY HIT THE ICE BERG AND LETS HOPE ITS SINKS FOREVER AS HE DOES NOT DESERVE ANY FAME. AS JAHMENE SAYS YOU SHOULD USE YOU FAME WISELY

4. Sarah-Jane says:

Tim, keep mouthing off yeah this time I KNOW for a fact I don’t need to respond to your abusive, nasty, spiteful post. You’re just another gullible, naive, dopey, biased, unreasonable tosser who isn’t even worth listening to. No words you say can hurt or anger the Chris fans e.g. me & Roger, they only make us even bigger supporters & go more against all the slur & hateful campaigns against Chris. In one ear & straight out the other, what do ya think of that? Oh I bet you’re pleased ;) Hahahahaha! No mark, that sums you up perfectly. You envy Christopher because of his gorgeous looks, brilliant voice & charming, outgoing, charasmatic, gentleman like, humble personality. But hey, I would bet all my savings you won’t admit that on here ;) I think you also envy the way he has ploughed through those horrible moments & come out on top of those who tried to shoot him down & make him stand down from competing. But hey I guess some people find it physically impossible to admit defeat gracefully. Hah! Goodbye now you useless trollop.

5. Sarah-Jane says:

Just look at Tim, the way he is trying to bring the Chris supporters down, we’ll not let him trample all over us like that, not after everything that’s happened!

LOOK TIM, YOU ARE PROBABLY ONE OF THESE LIFE’S HANGERS ON WHO ARE UNEMPLOYED ON STATE HANDOUT BENEFITS & CAN’T FIND A CAREER BECAUSE PHYSICALLY YOU ARE ONE BIG MESS. I CAN JUST IMAGINE YOU BEING A HUGE BLOB WITH LOADS OF TATTOOS WITH PIERCINGS. HAHAHA. I CAN ALSO IMAGINE YOU NOT FINDING A CAREER DUE TO YOUR IGNORANT & DEROGATORY ATTITUDE!!

6. Diane says:

Try and learn some manners and quit thinking you’re something special as clearly your not.Have a good life…preferably on Mars.

• SJ says:

Ohhhhh listen to you miss prim & proper! Hahahaha, go & f*** yourself Diane because I don’t care enough to take anything you say seriously. in fact you’re best just to keep that gob of yours buttoned up, before I do that for you ;) Heeeheehhee.

7. frito says:

OMG I have never seen such venomous mob bullying of an X Factor contestant – EVER! Started by the nasty, vile and grossly unfair judges, exacerbated by the on-the-band-wagon press/media and compounded by the hordes of cyber bullies not smart enough to know when they are being manipulated.

Can’t think how Christopher Maloney has managed to put up with it for this long. I hope he is strong enough to deal with all this unwarranted vileness and would strongly urge all of you mega nasties out there to read up on mob bullying – a really awful, low phenomenon which you have been herded into. Shame, shame on you.

8. Gav Harrison says:

Christopher IS a waste of space,a diva and not worth bothering with,ppl are entitled to there opinions and yes Sarah Jane I’m talking to you,you are a Internet troll and by the looks of your post a juvenile too far too full of yourself people can put what they like if you don’t like it tough deal with it and stop acting like a spoilt brat

• Lynsey says:

If he’s not worth bothering with, why have people been so bothered about him? The negative publicity surrounding Christopher has been pretty nasty, and unnecessary, even if it’s true that he is a bit of a b-tard. Yes he’s done himself no favours at times, especially what he said on Twitter last night, but the people who have given him abuse haven’t exactly made themselves look good either. Nobody deserves death threats, no matter how much of a git they are.

• Hannah says:

Well said Gav, I agree with you.

• SJ says:

F*** off moron.

9. Max says:

Sarah Jane you are one deluded son of a b.

The writing is on the wall. You’ve been supporting a jerk for the past 10 weeks. You post as if people actually care what you write, when actually you’re just some dumb girl spouting off.

The men in white coats will be round yours shortly.

• Lynsey says:

She’s a troll. Don’t feed her.

• SJ says:

Listen Lynsey if you were so against all the flack Chris has been getting why have you never called the Chris haters trolls? Hmmmmm? Yet me who has been thinking the same as you & has campaigned regularly to have it investigated & stopped, you choose ME to brand the internet troll? I’m sorry but that’s ridiculous & out of line & for the first time I’m offended by someone’s comment. It’s based on the fact you’ve never once said anything mean to the anti Chris as*holes on this chat forum yet you think I’m a troll as soon as I get into an intimidating, heated debate with another member who oh unsurprisingly is one of those people who despise Christopher. Don’t ever try & be nice to me Lynsey after what you’ve just done because I will just throw it all back in your face by ignoring you!

10. stcy says:

since you haters said that he is a waste of time and effort then lets stop bothering him anymore,let him have a rest and peace of mind.the show has ended there is no use to continue sending him hateful message.he has had enough.

• frito says:

Well said. It is becoming strange to see common sense posts regarding this poor man. Hope he is coping with this mass onslaught of vile commentary.

11. SJ says:

Lol I love the way I’m being labelled a troll! Hahahaha. Even though that’s the furthest thing from the truth, I’ll let the losers like Lynsey & Gav keep thinking as such because tbh I find it all pretty amusing rather than irritating. How you Chris haters can hound, insult & harrass me yet when I turn round to defend my position you have the guts to label ME as the net troll is borderline diabolical. Nice & rational assumption to make! *sarcasm* Now go away the lot of you because by the next few days I won’t even know if all of you who have posted in reply to what I said to Tim will still be alive & well, & quite frankly I wouldn’t give a damn either. You all are much dumber than I initially thought if you think every little thing I’ve done including what I just said is just purely internet trolling. You guys know nothing about awful things I’ve done in the past & if you did you would know the nasty side I show at times is just a side to my personality which I prefer to keep well hidden to the people I meet in real life :D

• frito says:

Are you Carolynne?

• SJ says:

Fortunately I’m not Carolynne. I’m just some scottish citizen called Sarah-Jane, ahaha. Are you Christopher? Lol :)

Frito, haven’t you seen the way I have been sticking up for Christopher for the past ten weeks in a row? I’m one of his biggest, loyal fans out there :p

• frito says:

Didn’t really think you were Carolynne but just with you saying about your nasty side. She appears to have a nasty side too. I would just ignore refs to you being a troll – pot calling kettle comes to mind. There are some vicious minded people on here who fit that description far more aptly than you do.

12. SJ says:

Ahhhh right I see what you were thinking now frito. Yeah pot calling kettle straight away cropped up in my mind as well. It just always seems to be when others behave visciously towards me, nobody cares enough to do anything about it but when it’s the other way around, everything seems to blow way out of proportion. But anyway moving on you are right, I’ve seen far more vile people on here with what they’ve said about Chris & all that ahahaha & have defended him to the best I can, & hey ho look at Max’s response to that: calling me dumb. That sounds like a real troll in the making to be fair.

13. SJ says:

Thank you Frito for your last sentence, that was really decent & nice for you to say that esepcially when I wasn’t expecting anyone to speak up for me so once again thanks :) You seem like a lovely person yourself :D Hahaha.