X Factor 2012: Kelly Rowland feels ‘let down’ by Simon Cowell

Kelly Rowland is reportedly leaving the ITV show

Kelly Rowland has been keeping very quiet on the Twitter front, in relation to recent news that she won’t be returning to The X Factor this year, however insiders say she is feeling very disappointed by how the story has been spun by ITV and Simon Cowell.

The Destiny’s Child star announced earlier this week that she wouldn’t be taking part in a second series of the reality TV show and blamed scheduling clashes and a heavy work load this autumn on her decision to turn down a spot on the judging panel.

However, it has since been claimed that it was Simon’s decision not to have her back, because he felt she didn’t connect well with the audience and also because she wanted too much money for the 2012 series.

A friend of Rowland’s has told The Mirror that the brunette beauty feels ‘stitched up’ by the music mogul and insisted that she has proof none of these claims are true.

A source told the newspaper:

“She has emails going back months showing discussions so it is stupid of them to say they didn’t want her or she was being greedy.

“Simon Cowell has gone on record saying he wanted Kelly back. She loved doing the show so feels a bit let down.”

The source added: “She feels stitched up now.”

Auditions for The X Factor start in just a few weeks time and so far, only Gary Barlow has been officially confirmed to return.

Louis Walsh has insisted that he has also signed his contract with ITV and Tulisa has hinted that she will also be back and we wouldn’t be surprised if she made her official announcement this weekend, just before she performs on Sunday’s live Britain’s Got Talent show.

It is rumoured that Dannii Minogue may be in talks with ITV about making a comeback and replacing Kelly on the panel. Other stars linked to the role have included Katy Perry and Sharon Osbourne.

Don't miss a story: Follow Unreality TV

Comments are closed.

css.php