Lucy Spraggan has been revealing how she came out to their friends and family.

The singer has won a place in this year’s X Factor final twelve and will perform on the ITV show for the first time this Friday night.

She is part of Team Tulisa and will be representing the girls, along with Jade Ellis and Ella Henderson, at the weekend and the talented performer has spoken out about how she faced up to her sexuality when she was younger.

Lucy revealed that she always knew she preferred girls to boys and thinks her family were mostly aware of the fact too.

“I’ve always been out, I was never really ‘in’,” she told Look magazine, adding:

“I made my family call me Max when I was four years old and shaved my head to look like a boy.”

“Saying I was gay was like saying I’m going to the shop, there was no shock.”

However Spraggan’s grandad didn’t know for sure until the news hit the internet recently, after Luce shot to fame on the ITV show.

She laughed:

“My grandad found out on Google recently and said: ‘We’ve got loads of grandchildren, one of them was bound to be gay.’ ”

The X Factor finalist also revealed that she has written most of her songs about her ex girlfriend.

The talented songstress has showcased a number of self penned numbers on the series to date and has shown that she has the the ability to move people to tears, both of laughter and of sadness, with her skills.

Describing the subject of many of her songs, Lucy added:

“When I was 18, I fell for a 27-year-old, and most of the songs are about her.

“I was seeing her for about five months, but she’s going to Thailand for a year.

“It’s heartbreaking, but I’d much rather have loved her than never met her. There’s no way I would want her to change her plans. We’ll keep in contact and see what happens.”

Awwww how sweet!

The X Factor live shows start this Saturday night and the supposed song list for the singers has been leaked online. Check it out and tell us if you think Lucy can shine in the comments section below…

13 Responses to “X Factor 2012: Lesbian Lucy Spraggan talks about coming out as gay – has a real life cougar love!”

1. hannah says:

mmm cheese.

2. Hayley says:

well done Lucy, for coming out, my mate found it hard to tell her family some of her family dont know still but i wouldnt change her for the world:D

3. pauline says:

You go girl alot of people don’t make it because they are gay which is wrong .you go GIRL X

4. Abbi says:

I would defo go rt wi ya n marry ya lol xx

5. John says:

thought she came across very manly like a lot of lesbos do.

• James says:

Well thats nice John, very thought provoking.

• Sam says:

Yeah, John. It’s super observative of you. Do you have a criminal investigation degree?

• Kerry says:

LOL there is no way that Lucy is in any way manly, she is by far from being manly compared to over types of lesbians i’ve seen/met i’d say Lucy was quite feminine for a lesbian!!
      Besides the point she’s great at what she does :)

6. Kaela says:

I don’t care if she’s a lesbian- she’s perfect the way she is… GO TEAM SPRAGGAN

7. Jai says:

Yes I looked it up to see if she was gay but it was just down to curiosity, you like to know info about up & coming stars which is what Lucy is! Backing you 100% cos you’re an original x

8. Sophie says:

Good for her! so what if she’s a ‘lesbian’ that doesn’t change the fact that she has an amazing voice and is an outstanding song writer! Go LUCY!!!

9. Kerry says:

If i’m being honest we need more gay women on the music scene, there isn’t enough!!! I think it’s lame when celebrities refuse to say their sexuality, how are we ever going to move forward? I’m all for Lucy being open about being a lesbian I would have never had known if I hadn’t done a bit of research on here the X factor gives nothing away, oh but it’s okey if they are straight lets talk to the guys about hot girls and girls about hot guys but if they’re gay theyre preference of choice goes unsaid and it does not get mentioned, they just don’t get questioned or mentioned, for example saying something to James Arther ‘oh i bet ull have all the girls after you now’ is that ever said to Lucy? Or What’s her name from MK1? Or Rylan about guys? No, its wrong but thats just my opinion!! X Factor are obviously just trying to cover up when people are gay!! Open peoples eyes to the real world!! By this I am not suggesting that X factor outs people or makes people feel uncomfortable i’m just saying if the individual is cool with it then why don’t X Factor be? Am i asking for too much?!? lol

10. Jadeellisfan says:

U now jade Ellis… Ella have you got something to tell us?