We reported earlier today that Christopher Maloney wouldn’t be at tonight’s X factor final and now it seems we know why.

The 34 year old finished in third place last night and was supposed to return to perform again on tonight’s finale as part of a group of former contestants.

However it was reported that he got into a bit of a row with some fellow singers and producers and stormed out of Manchester’s Central Arena, before heading home to Liverpool today.

Some members of the press were in the venue when it was all kicking off, and Daily Mirror Deputy TV Editor Mark Jefferies revealed that Chris reportedly got stuck into his fellow overs star Carolynne Poole, calling her a c*nt during an argument.

He wrote:

‘During rehearsals, @ChrisMaloney77 allegedly called the lovely @carolynnepoole a c***. That explains her tweet earlier…’

‘I’ve met @carolynnepoole loads of times and she wouldn’t hurt a fly so cant believe she warranted that kind of abuse.’

He added:

‘X Factor say it was @ChrisMaloney77 decision to leave, but my understanding is he was “not in the right state” to perform.

‘X Factor’s @ChrisMaloney77 has been kicked out of tonight’s group song. He was late for rehearsals and “smelt of alcohol”.’

Carolynne herself cryptically tweeted:

“X Factor can also create monsters it would seem!”

Daily Star Sunday’s REHAB showbiz columnist James Ingham also shed some light on the backstage drama, writing:

‘Chris Maloney turned up to rehearsal smelling of booze & called Carloynne Poole a c*nt. Which kick started his no show. #xfactor’

‘Chris Maloney also kicked off during rehearsal because he only had one line of the group song to sing. Another contributing factor #xfactor’

You can read more about Chris’ behaviour, including a statement from the X Factor team here.

What do you think of the whole furore? Leave your comments below…

9 Responses to “X Factor 2012 spoilers: So apparently Christopher Maloney kicked off and called Carolynne Poole a ‘c*nt’”

1. Paul shemilt says:

Chris Maloney should have gone first he was awful and now he’s just like I thought he would be a foul mouthed git.

2. Roger says:

I don´t believe a single word of what this Lisa McGarry writes.

3. TDowl says:

I do!!!!!

4. Mandy says:

I’d seen the tweets before I read the article and have to say Chris has shot himself in the foot with this one! Carolynn never mentioned anyone but Christopher chose to have a go at her whic woukd lead me to believe he had also had a go at Carolynn earlier at rehearsals as reported in another post.

Roger I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss Lisa’s blog and her sources after all the voting leaks were spot on I’ve never been so unsurprised when the voting stats were read out as they mirrored what had already been reported on her.

5. Helen says:

His true colours came out in the end when he knew he wasn’t going to win. He couldn’t manage to keep his mr nice guy act up. Everyone said he was a bully from early on. Let’s hope he just disappears now.

Well done to James Arthur🌟 xx he is the most talented winner the xfactor has ever had,💚👍

6. Ghee says:

Leave the Man alone, for God sake! Xfactor is f*cking over! And James Arthuro de Casalbajac won! Yoh!

7. Denise says:

X factor judges and a lot of other people gave him a hard time from day one. No wonder he has lashed out, because even when X factor finished people were still having a go at him. Give him a break. He wasn’t one of my fans, but I don’t think people should be so cruel about him.