X Factor 2012: Tulisa is suing Spice Girls creator Chris Herbert over sex tape! He’s ditched from X Factor!
It’s been revealed today that X Factor judge Tulisa is suing Chris Herbert, who’s credited with putting together hit pop band the Spice Girls, and who was – until this news broke – a “consultant” on X Factor.
He has now apparently been sacked from his role on X Factor as papers were served on him informing his that Tulisa is taking legal action against him over his alleged involvement with her former boyfriend Justin Edward’s leaking of the now notorious sex tape onto the internet.
The Sun states that Herbert – who was formerly Edwards’ manager – was “once a trusted lieutenant of Simon Cowell.”
The paper adds, “He [Herbert] had been signed up by X Factor musical director Simon Gavin in a consultancy role.
“But that would pose the risk of a bitter clash with Tulisa, who is a judge on the show…”
A spokesman for X Factor told the paper, “As a result of us becoming aware of the ongoing legal dispute between Tulisa and Mr Herbert, we have decided it is in everyone’s interest for him to not be involved in the forthcoming series.”
In a written statement to the High Court, which is dated June 29, Tulisa’s lawyer Jonathan Coad claimed Herbert had “played a pivotal role in commercial exploitation of the film” and acted as a middleman.
Coad added, “The expectation of those involved was they would earn seven-figure sums.”
Tulisa also alleges in court documents that Herbert was “aware of, involved in and consulted” while the plan to sell the footage was plotted.
Tulisa also accuses four other men, including a porn movie director, of involvement in selling the footage as a £3.96 download. It hit the ‘net in March.
Of the debacle over Herbert, sources at Cowell’s Syco firm said he did not oversee Herbert’s hiring for X Factor.
One said, “They have not worked together for a number of years. He was not aware of this legal issue.”
Herbert apparently declined to comment.