X Factor 2013: Westlife’s Brian McFadden to replace Gary Barlow?

brian-mcfadden

Brian McFadden has revealed that he would love to join the X Factor judging panel, if Gary Barlow steps down this year.

Most stars wait for Simon Cowell to come knocking on their door, but the former Westlife star has put his name out there personally and admitted that working on the ITV singing show would be his dream job.

The Irish singer and Kerry Katona’s baby daddy (is that reason enough NOT to hire him?) has already worked with Cowell, as part of his former boyband and then again when he joined the judging panel of Australia’s Got Talent, so he thinks he knows what the music mogul wants from his judges and stars.

Brian is moving back to the UK, to pursue a reignited music career and told The Daily Mail that he would love to kick start it, by taking a place on the hit entertainment series.

brianmcfadden

‘I’m going to give Simon a call and ask him to put me on that list,’ he revealed.

‘We worked together for six years when I was in Westlife. I’ve gone through enough in my own career to be able to offer some advice.’

Brian recently supported Boyzone star Ronan Keating in his nationwide tour and it seems the concerts were a great experience for the singer. After his final gig this week he tweeted:

“just got off stage for the last night of the #fires tour with @ronanofficial what a great tour with a great bunch of people!!!!”

vogue-williams-and-brian-mcfadden

He will soon kick off his own UK tour and the shows will kick off in Glasgow on 19th March.

However, he may have some competition for the X Factor role, as insiders have claimed that Simon is considering adding Robbie Williams to the lineup. He wants a new female also, but the choice is said to be between Mel B and Sharon Osbourne. Olly Murs revealed last night that he is backing Mrs O for the job.

Do you think Brian would make a good X Factor judge? Watch him being harsh with a contestant on AGT and leave your comments below….

11 Responses to “X Factor 2013: Westlife’s Brian McFadden to replace Gary Barlow?”

1. lisa says:

I’m going to believe this is a joke and leave it at that. Good luck replacing Gary!

2. Jaidi says:

Every new suggestion is funnier than the last. Entertaining to read, but utterly laughable.
    Replacing Gary with Brian is like replacing a thoroughbred with a mule.

3. Hazel says:

The show will struggle as it is if Gary goes (I, for one wouldn’t watch it without Mr B), but to replace him with this bigheaded nobody, would be utterly ridiculous!

4. RC says:

I would of said no to the guy auditioning in the clip that was apart the article. He was being a dick esp. after he got done performing and the judges were supposed to give feedback. Had he just kept his mouth shut or just said I appreciate your feedback then I might of said yes to him. But enough about that. I wouldnt object to Brian taking Gary’s place if Gary didnt return. But at the same time think that there is much better singers out there that could take the spot on the show.

5. Jennifer says:

I rather Gary to stay not Brian. don’t get me wrong I loved him when he was in westlife. if Gary goes at least Simon comes back plzzzzzzzzz

6. Jessica People says:

glad to hear that because im a big brian mcfadden fan and im meeeting brian in may , hopefully its true

7. ana sandoval says:

what!?..id rather see shane or may be mark than mcfadden..

8. xana says:

When it comes to Brian Mcfadden the press just tell LIES LIES LIES..it’s getting irritating! Unfortunately lots of people believe this bullcrap.. If you wanna know the real brian watch video interviews

9. xana says:

Brian might have made mistakes before which are totally none of anyone’s business. But really why hate him this much? Until now? Theel guy’s a decent songwriter and singer. why try to destroy a person’s career and reputation through lies. I really dont know how you can sleep at night when you do that for a living

10. caroline says:

brian would make a great judge on x factor simon u need hire brian .he is a talented song writer and singer .and would be a good role model to is acts he d be a great mentor. i have watched brian on australians gt talent .he was great .so come on simon give brian a chance even if its for a few guest roles as a judge .

11. Cherry says:

Brian McFadden is so talented, a brilliant songwriter & singer, shame the media via that Katona person has made him out to be different.

I personally would love to see Brian on the X Factor cos he was a brilliant judge on Australias Got Talent and even though I live in UK I watched every single one of the shows.

Cannot see what Mel B or Danni Minogue know about talent to be honest.