In terms of drama and hoo-hah, this year’s X Factor has been (arguably) the most controversial series to date…
And for the main part, that’s been down to Honey G, who left the competition last weekend having lost out following a sing-off with 5 After Midnight.
But right up until the moment that it was confirmed Honey G was out during last Sunday’s results show, there had been a real suspicion that she could win The X Factor this year…
And if she had done, it would surely have made a mockery of the show and a laughing stock of X Factor boss Simon Cowell.
However, the drama surrounding Honey G is apparently continuing, despite the fact she is no longer a contender…
That’s because the Mirror reports that an unnamed source has insisted that on Sunday night, people who were supposedly friends and family of the ‘rapper’ were unmoved when she was voted off.
The source said, “I was watching them with a friend and we just thought they seemed so fake.
“Everyone thinks Honey G is fake, and it was like she’d hired these random people to sit in the audience and pretend they know her.”
While reporting on the story, the Daily Star added, “X Factor declined to comment when contacted by Daily Star Online.”
But ‘fake’ or not, and ‘fix’ or not, there is no denying that Honey G has been THE talking point this year on X Factor, and in turn, so has her mentor Sharon Osbourne.
Obviously if Sharon hadn’t put Honey G through to the live shows after her Judges’ Houses round, then Honey G would be nothing more than a distant X Factor memory by now…
The publication’s article adds that Nicole Scherzinger and Louis Walsh will also return to The X Factor panel next year alongside Cowell.
Yet another anonymous source said, “Simon wants all the judges back next year.
“Contracts haven’t been signed but negotiations are already well under way.”
Are you glad or sad that the judging panel looks set to be the same next year?