X Factor: Simon Cowell lays down the law to Gary Barlow after Misha B and Marcus Collins revolt
Simon Cowell reportedly read the riot act to Gary Barlow and his fellow X Factor judges, after finding out that contestants on the show were openly complaining about the newest twist.
It is claimed that when producers revealed their decision to bring back a previously unsuccessful act to replace Frankie Cocozza on the show, contestants such as Misha B and Marcus Collins kicked up a fuss and were very vocal about their anger.
They were said to be unhappy that another singer would join the lineup, having effectively had a five week break from the grueling schedule of the series.
Janet Devlin and Craig Colton also reportedly threatened to quit during the week, due to the pressure and insiders say Simon Cowell was livid with all the dissent.
Insiders say he quickly caught up with the judges on Skype and told Gary Barlow to get it together.
An insider told The People:
“He wants Gary and the rest of the judges to get a grip and as he puts it, ‘step up to the plate big time’ from now on.
“Simon wasn’t happy that show favourites Marcus Collins and Misha Bryant threw tantrums over the rejects’ returns.
“He believes they should view the decision as a reason to up their own games and not to behave like spoilt brats.
“With singers Craig Colton and Janet Devlin also threatening to quit, he thinks the contestants’ house is in serious danger of imploding with the infighting.”
Sources say Cowell was also upset over reports that the judges had been complaining about the long working hours and the extra time they had to put in last week, when an emergency press conference was called and they each had to speak about the Frankie furore.
“On Friday the judges were heard complaining about the extra pressure put on them to prepare the four rejects for a possible return to the show.
“They felt the demands being put on them to bring them up to speed at such short notice was unfair. The workload has already taken its toll on Kelly.
“She pulled out of a recent show after an illness when she flew back to LA.
“Simon was also not impressed with Louis going public on his unhappiness with X Factor. Yes he understands all publicity is good publicity.
“But he believes Louis, the oldest judge by far, should be using his father figure status to pull the panel together at this difficult time.
“By going around slagging off X Factor and openly admitting he doesn’t really get on with fellow judges – apart from Tulisa – it hardly sets a good example to the contestants trying to perform.”
Louis Walsh admitted this week that he is 50/50 on whether or not he will return to the ITV show next year and Kelly Rowland told Graham Norton that she isn’t sure she wants to come back.
It has been reported that Simon Cowell is planning to come back for one live show this year and we think the sooner the better! He needs to take this lot in hand!
Are you missing Simon? Leave your comments below.
Also, make sure you cast your vote on who you are expecting to leave on tonight’s results show here.
|X Factor 2011: Simon Cowell to return for just one live show….final perhaps?||Home||Power cut and technical difficulties caused X Factor delay|