5 Seconds of Summer fans left FUMING after not being able to get tour tickets & being given WRONG pre-sale code!

5 Seconds of Summer

Oh dear! 5 Seconds of Summer fans have been left FUMING this morning after not being able to purchase tickets for the bands forthcoming ‘Rock Out With Your Socks Out’ European Tour.

Last week, the guys announced that they were going on a “UK and Europe Tour” in 2015, and announced that tickets would go on sale soon. Soon, indeed, as the tickets went on sale to fans this morning, but there’s been a number of problems which have left fans pretty angry…

Last week, 5SOS urged their fans to sign up to their newsletter for further news about the tour. It was then announced that tickets would go on pre-sale to fans only this morning, Wednesday, July 9. Fans were sent a special code that they would have to use to gain access to the ticket purchasing process, but it turns out the code wasn’t correct for some fans, which left them in the dark about what to do next.

If fans haven’t managed to purchase tickets this morning, it isn’t the end of the world, as tickets will go on general sale on Friday (July 11) morning.

But, as we see with more or less every gig that goes on sale – there’s a mad rush, and thousands of fans are left disappointed as they just weren’t quick enough to be able to get tickets.

5sos

Some fans even likened the process to The Hunger Games, as it was a bit of a battle to be able to purchase a ticket or two for the forthcoming event.

The tour will kick off early next year, and will travel across Europe, before coming to an end in the UK.

As of June 2015, the tour will travel to Glasgow, before moving through to cities such as Newcastle, Leeds, Birmingham, Cardiff, and Manchester, before coming to an end in London with a special two-night stop in the capital.

Tickets went on sale this morning at 10am, and it seems like the pre-sale allocation has already sold out as of writing this article (around 10:25am).

Another fan added: “trying to get 5sos tickets more like world war 3 (sic)”.

However, not all fans have been left disappointed, as thousands managed to get tickets for the stops across Europe.

“I GOT TICKETS!!!!! OMG SCREAMING IM GOING TO SEE 5SOS NEXT YEAR!!!!! #5sosRockOutWithYourSocksOutTour (sic),” One fan tweeted.

Did you manage to get tickets this morning? Were you a tad slow, or did the wrong pre-sale code hold you back? Let us know in the comments, below…

Nick Barnes

Nick is the Assistant Editor at Unreality TV, along with being a full-time Beyoncé obsessor! Email him at nick@unrealitytv.co.uk or catch him on Twitter @ImNickBarnes

47 Comments

1. Stig in dump on July 9, 2014 at 11:02 am

Been online since 09:50, site crashing, no tickets EVER available for me, open on 3 computers all refreshing constantly.

2. Jana on July 9, 2014 at 2:38 pm

I signed in for the newsletter and get an email..but there wasn’t a link or a password in it :(((
    Will there be more soundcheck Tickets in the officiall presale?:(

3. ann on July 9, 2014 at 2:44 pm

yes i got 2 vip seated tickets and went through to payment process only to be told the tickets had gone, i spent an hour trying again and again and each time i got vip tickets it either said not enough seats available even though i had selected two or tickers were sold while i was entering my payment details. fumming over this as it let me select these tickets only to disappoint me at the end. one big con !!!!!!!

4. Thanos on July 9, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Same problem. 3 computers different browsers same issue. The code would let me see the prices and packages but not buy a ticket!!!! My daughter is gutted.
    Really bad planning guys…. You should know better!

5. Rebecca on July 9, 2014 at 2:59 pm

No problems at all. I pre-registered my payment card yesterday, and added my address to the ticket website. Computer ready to go from 9.30, logged in, refreshing just before 10am. 2 VIP tickets in the bag, transaction complete at 10.03. About to get my daughter from school to give her the news!!

6. lol on July 9, 2014 at 3:32 pm

your daughter is probs a carrot lmao xox

7. Diane Smith on July 9, 2014 at 6:41 pm

I had eleven pages up on the iPad, refreshing automatically, plus pages on my computer, I had the proper password but couldn’t get through on ANY page, A very disappointed daughter, doubt I’ll manage to get through on Friday morning either……….

8. Roos on July 9, 2014 at 7:03 pm

I’ve got tickets!! I’ll try to get VIP tickets at friday, but at least I’ve got tickets! #Rockoutwithyoursocksout >3

9. Charlotte on July 9, 2014 at 7:17 pm

@Diane Smith I completely agree, I had the correct password, but when I had finally found tickets and I was in the process of paying for them, I was told they had been given to somebody else. I am so upset I have been crying all day over this. AND I BLAME GIGS AND TOURS FOR THEIR SH***Y WEBSITE, THAT KEPT CRASHING!!!!!
    ABSOLUTELY FUMING AND I DOUBT THAT I’LL EVEN GET TO GO. :'(

10. Chris on July 9, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I got the tickets, yesssss! I was actually crying when I saw that i’d gotten them ;)))) :)))

11. claire on July 9, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Managed to get 4 standing tickets for my daughter and three friends to one of the London gigs thankfully!! Had already registered on the ticket website as had purchased tickets to another gig a few months ago which meant that they had email, address details etc already which I think helped speed the process up. Had four screens open at once and after initially been given 4 tickets for our preferred venue at birmingham was told whilst entering my credit card details that they had been allocated to someone else! Still had three other screens open and luckily managed to get the 4 tickets for London. It seems to be a very much hit and miss process and simply down to luck more than anything, hopefully people will have more luck on friday.

12. Lucie on July 9, 2014 at 11:02 pm

So disappointed that once I finally got onto the page both standing and seating tickets sold out. Completely devastated :'(

13. Lucie on July 9, 2014 at 11:04 pm

And all these people that are completely loaded and able to buy endless amounts of tickets and then still going in to try and buy the VIP ones as well. I’m crying so hard 🙁

14. Shirl on July 10, 2014 at 10:12 am

Got two emails up and ready yesterday and very disappointed that I haven’t even received the newsletter, either with or without a password! By the look of it, unless there’s more dates put on, wont even get tickets on Friday. Feel very, very let down!!

15. Elle on July 10, 2014 at 10:02 pm

I tried the wrong password and then did the correct one literally a minute later and ended up with VIP Standing tickets for my boyfriend and I so I don’t see how people didn’t manage? Considering I have literally the slowest internet possible and had the wrong password and didn’t get onto the website until 25 minutes into the presale even though I’d been on there since 8 a.m.

16. Emma on July 11, 2014 at 9:43 am

Nothing to do with luck, I got on at 10.05 and failed to secure any tickets. Then went onto Viagogo a few hours later and there are literally hundreds of tickets for sale at 3-4 times the face value, hence the reason most fans couldn’t get on to buy tickets – scumbag ticket touts with special software programmes buying them all up in order to sell at vast profits – NOT FAIR. This problem needs to be addressed.

17. Claire on July 11, 2014 at 10:24 am

Managed to get two tickets to the Birmingham gig on 5 June 2014 and had already been fortunate to get the ones my daughter wanted on Wednesday so have two spare for the Birmingham gig.

18. Charlotte on July 11, 2014 at 10:30 am

Where abouts in the arena Claire?

19. Claire on July 11, 2014 at 10:34 am

Its at the National Indoor Arena

20. Claire on July 11, 2014 at 10:43 am

Sorry I thought you said is the arena not in!!!! The tickets are two seats together Lower block Row K if thats helpful at all.

21. Claire on July 11, 2014 at 10:45 am

To Charlotte – my confirmation says Block: L/4 Row L with two seats together

22. Claire on July 11, 2014 at 10:48 am

Sorry Block: L/4 Row K with two seats together I have looked on google at the seating plan and it looks as it they are on the side so row k is 11 rows from the front

23. Grace on July 11, 2014 at 11:27 am

I had the newsletter for ages so I was really excited about the presale but on the wenesday the link and password didnt work and when they finally put the new password out it was too late and all the tickets where gone. So I thought I would have a chance on Friday. I was logged on at 9:00 at gigs and tours so I could try and get the soundcheck package but at 10 am it said contact venue to buy the tickets. So I opened another tab and it said that the soundcheck packages and other tickets where sold out at 10:02 but it wentt on another website and they had some tickets still available. Luckily I managed to get 2 tickets for London at the back 🙁 it’s very disappointing and not well organised at all ! 😢

24. claire on July 11, 2014 at 11:54 am

anyone interested in the birmingham tickets I have. Have two for sale if interested.

25. claire on July 11, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Emma – have two tickets to birmingham if you are interested.

26. Claire on July 11, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Anyone interested in two birmingham tickets for the 5th June? Am not interested in making a profit as the tickets should really only be sold to genuine fans so just the costs of the tickets and postage etc. Let me know.

27. Elaine on July 11, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Hi Claire – do you still have these? Tried Wednesday and today with no luck for my daughter and her friend. Thanks

28. Elaine on July 11, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Hi had a hard time trying to get tickets to Wembley on the Saturday – if anyone is selling two tickets for unhappy daughter and friend would be interested. thank you

29. claire on July 11, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Elaine – Have two tickets but they are for the the NIA in Birmingham on 5 June 2015.

30. Elaine on July 11, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Hi Claire – how much are they are please?

31. claire on July 11, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Would sell for face value on the tickets and admin fees so the total on my bill this morning was £75.41 for both.

32. Elaine on July 11, 2014 at 6:13 pm

just checking with other parent that Birmingham is ok but think we should be alright. We will obviously pay postage and sort out how to pay you privately. Thanks

33. Elaine on July 11, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Claire will def take them – thank you

34. Elaine on July 11, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Claire – will def buy these from you, thanks

35. Elaine on July 11, 2014 at 6:44 pm

sorry for repeating, myself there is a funny delay in messaging!

36. claire on July 11, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Hi Elaine sorry just got back from work! how do we go about exchanging details etc?

37. Charlotte on July 11, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Hi Claire, I just thought I’d send a message thanking you for your kind offer to sell the spare tickets you have. I was hoping to getting 6 for my whole family to go, but only got 5 so I queried to get the ticket for the final member, but when I suggested it, I was told be the family not to bother about them, they were happy I was going, and he had seen them before so the extras weren’t needed. Thanks again for the offer.
    SO EXCITED TO BE GOING TO SEE #5SOSrockOutWithYourSocksOutTour

38. Elaine on July 12, 2014 at 12:41 am

hi Claire – I put a message on here with an email address and it has disappeared so not sure how we are able to contact each other!

39. claire on July 12, 2014 at 2:55 am

Thought that might happen!! Are you on facebook?

40. Elaine on July 12, 2014 at 11:41 am

Hi Claire yes I am – what is your name on there and I will try and find you!!

41. claire on July 12, 2014 at 2:46 pm

My husband is on Sean O’Sullivan hasnt even posted anything so its just his name and he is from witney in Oxford

42. Elaine on July 12, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Have just ‘friended’ him – hope it’s the right one! Are you not on it?

43. c stephen on July 12, 2014 at 8:02 pm

I was planning on buying my daughter the soundcheck tickets as a christmas present. Had pc on early so not to miss out. When i finally got through to a site selling tickets was faced with a message to phone the venue for these tickets.
    By the time i did this obviously there would have been a queue. Needless to say after 20 mins on hold i gave up : (
    If only we had been notified of this earlier then i could have phoned right away or just went for normal standing tickets. I ended up with nothing, much to the disappointment oc my daughter who has been a fan way before 5 SOS werewell known in the uk. :(0

44. Robyn on July 18, 2014 at 11:22 pm

I tried and failed for the Birmingham & Manchester pre-sale and general sale and then failed again when the second Birmingham date went on sale today. Iv been a huge fan long before their fame in the UK. Very poor website and so many upset fans!!

45. Charlotte on July 19, 2014 at 6:53 pm

It isn’t a case of poor website, it is a case of being quick. There is a high demand for 5SOS tickets now a days, and you have to be quick. It is the same for the One Direction tickets, in which the majority if not all are snapped up in a matter of seconds.
    If you want tickets I recommend GetMeIn. The are a ticketmaster company, highly professional, and if you are on twitter, respond quickly to any concerns you have, they send updates on your tickets and an email and dispatch number when the tickets have been sent. Of course it means they are more expensive as it is a site, where people who have bought tickets sell them on, and as a result means that you can’t complain about not having your tickets till three days before the event as the seller needs to receive the tickets before dispatching them on to you. I had to use this site to see One Direction in Manchester as I wasn’t quick enough, and other than the price setting me back considerable, (because I wanted 6 tickets), I had no problems.

46. Mackenzie J on July 20, 2014 at 5:47 pm

how much were the vip tickets?

47. Dania on August 2, 2014 at 8:47 pm

How much were the tickets? VIP or otherwise? Anyone who bought tickets can answer.

Comments are closed.