BRIT AWARDS 2015: Madonna FALLS on stage! Cape malfunction! WATCH Video

by Lisa McGarry

Madonna Grammys 2015

UPDATE: FUNNIEST reactions to Madonna’s Brit Awards fall! VIDEO

Madonna just had a bit of a mishap on stage at the Brit Awards 2015…in fact it was a huge embarrassment if we’re honest!

The popular star was performing her new single Living For Love and she started off so well, keeping her vocals strong while making her way to the stage with a number of rather handsome and shirtless backing dancers.

However it was these buff performers that caused her all the problems and when they tried to swiftly remove her costume cape they managed to pull the pop Queen off her feet. She fell down some stairs, where she landed very ungraciously in a heap of bodies.

Madonna did continue with her performance eventually, but there were a few very awkward seconds as she got back to her feet. We would NOT want to be those dancers when they get backstage. We dare say they’ll never work for Madge again….heck they might not make it out of the building alive!

madonna 1

Madonna’s bull fighting themed routine went down well after the fall, though we suspect part of the rapturous response to the singing was driven by sympathy and embarrassment than by true appreciation.

Tweets about Madonna’s fall included:

“Wow kudos to @Madonna for continuing her @BRITAwards performance after a fall. #BRITs2015 ”

“Well, it’s not whether you fall that counts but whether you get back up. And stuff. #madonna #BRITs2015”

READ: BRITS 2015 in CRISIS as Rihanna pulls out of performance, but who will replace her?

“That’s fates way of telling Madonna to hang up the dancing shoes”

“Well at least Madonna Carried On lol, shouldn’t laugh but it was funny 😁
#BRITs2015
#BRITAwards”

madonna

“Relevant lyrics there Madonna. “Watch me stumble, I’m gonna carry on” 😩😂”

“Me and dad had to vacate the living room after madonna fell we just couldn’t”

“How ironic madonna falling down the stairs then singing she’s going to carry on 😂 @Madonna #BRITAwards”

Watch the video and leave your comments below….

Related:

Lisa McGarry

Lisa has been watching reality TV for too long now. She won't do any housework unless 'Big Brother' announces it over the tannoy and everything she does has to be put to a public vote!

16 Comments

1. Winnie on February 25, 2015 at 10:35 pm

What a stumble Madonna! Well done for carrying on with the amazing performance despite the painful incident.

2. jayney on February 25, 2015 at 10:45 pm

Ooo ooo ooo that was soo stunningly amazing too funny I couldn’t stop holding my hand over my mouth in shock I thought it was fake at 1st (given the vocals of the song) but then very quickly realised it was real very embarrassing should have used velcro on the Cape !!!

3. Glenn on February 25, 2015 at 11:07 pm

madonna’s costume designer will be in the firing line not to mention dancers, but although it was funny, You have to admire her pulling off the rest of the song band performance. True star

4. jan on February 25, 2015 at 11:09 pm

Do you think that she tied the cape or a wardrobe person. Maybe not just the dancer in the mire! Too too funny, but sad at the same time.

5. Nara slack on February 25, 2015 at 11:10 pm

Well that was a terrible fall.
    Madge was having trouble trying to take off the overgrown cape then one of her dancers from behind pulls at the cape when it is still attached.
    Someone is going to be in BIG trouble tonight. Glad I’m not one of her backing dancers.

6. Raquel on February 25, 2015 at 11:12 pm

THE FALLEN MADONNA

7. Elizabeth on February 25, 2015 at 11:13 pm

At least only pride was hurt, hopefully.
    Madonna, these things happen. Very gracious recovery. True professional, a credit to your art.

8. Anonymous Cape hater on February 25, 2015 at 11:18 pm

I feel so bad for madonna, she has worked so hard. She is an inspiration to all of us. If you wonder why, she showed us a very true, important life quote tonight, “when life knocks you down, get back up and act like it never happened.” Because we as citizens of this planet, need to stand together, why people find this situation funny I will never know… I don’t think you’re view would be quite the same if it was YOU all of this was happening to! Tomorrow, this will be all over the news because our generation is so INCREDIBLY bored with our lives we feel the need to share a story like this ALL over the world. Wow, a celebrity fell down the stairs oh my god it’s the end of the world, and I think madonna would like us to forget about it.mand you know what, to all the haters out there, I bet you couldn’t do what she did. Not a chance.

9. Bill Bailey on February 25, 2015 at 11:25 pm

regardless what anyone says about her, she showed the strength of will that has kept her at the top of her profession.

10. Victoria on February 25, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Madonna, your my icon, I watched you tonight with excitement and as you fell, felt sick and started crying for you. Madonna your a LEGEND!! Your one of a kind and a true rock star!!!! May Madge be an inspiration to us all!!!!!!!!!

11. Victoria on February 25, 2015 at 11:27 pm

Madonna, your my icon, I watched you tonight with excitement and as you fell, felt sick and started crying for you. Madonna your a LEGEND!! Your one of a kind and a true rock star!!!! We love you Madge!!

12. Jaqui on February 26, 2015 at 2:51 am

That. was. hilarious! Glad no one was hurt, but this is a great blooper!

13. rod on February 26, 2015 at 9:08 am

her fall was the best and funniest thing to happen all night, just shows you how dire this ceremony was,car crash tv at its finest,

14. Crazythat on February 26, 2015 at 10:53 am

Was it really necessary for her to have on high heels and use stairs during her performance? To be honest, watching Madonna perform at anything for the past 5 yrs has been unnerving due to her 1) age 2) wearing of heels 3) use of stairs. It’s been a repeated theme at her performances lately that I’ve noticed because I’ve been so preoccupied with the thought her falling! To me, she has taken on the risk of these things in order to defy her age, but they only confirm(especially now) her age in my opinion. It has come across as if she has to painfully concentrate to perform. If she would have just used a floor routine in ballet flats she would have been able to show her flexibility and remaining youthfulness with much less risk to her mind, body, and image. Oh well. Vain much?

15. Samantha on February 26, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Great comment Crazythat

16. Davina brijmohan on March 13, 2015 at 11:44 am

Even though Madonna fell she still has talent ‘ cough’ you know what I mean, she’s a legend, if you clear your mind idk jogg my memory, a little, exercises, lol laugh.

Comments are closed.