There’s sad news for fans of TV legend Sir Bruce Forsyth as it’s been claimed today that he will not be making an appearance on this year’s Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special.
According to TV Biz, ailing Sir Bruce is just not well enough to feature in the BBC dance show’s Christmas festivities.
The newspaper’s article adds, “There was also no message from Bruce at the filming of the Christmas special on Monday, and the BBC confirmed that one has not been recorded.”
Meanwhile, a source said to be close to Bruce told the Daily Mirror, “Last year the Strictly message was recorded in December.
“There are no plans to do one this year.
“It doesn’t seem right at this point. He needs a bit of peace and quiet to get on with getting better.”
It’s believed that 88-year old Sir Bruce is struggling to fully recover after suffering a fall at his home. Of that, his devoted wife Lady Wilnelia told This Morning viewers recently, “I happened to be with my son Jonathan [when Bruce fell].
“It was very scary to see him like that, he was very bruised.”
Lady Wilnelia went on to reveal that extensive tests later revealed that Sir Bruce had two aneurysms.
She added, “It was really a worry, so we decided to go to for the operation and he’s been recovering since then.”
Here’s hoping that Sir Bruce manages to fully recover and get back to his usual good health very soon.
But back to this year’s Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special, and the BBC states, “We’ve
rounded up six beloved faces of Strictly past to take on the Yuletide challenge…”
You can click here to find out more about what’s coming up in the festive edition of the hugely popular dance show.
— BBC Strictly✨ (@bbcstrictly) November 7, 2016